Randy thank you

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

OMGosh thank you so much for the bean seeds. I can't wait til spring and plant then. This will be a new experience for me.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just found this, KyaD. You are welcome. They have done very well here. But green beans are one of Oregon's main products. The farmers grow bush beans and use a mechanical harvester. In years past, they grew pole beans and the beans were hand-picked. I like the pole beans because I can pick them without having to get down on my knees. The pole beans out produce the bush beans too.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also like pole beans for the same reason, however, giving them climbing area is just as much work :( Just for the record....I am planting both this year. I think poles produce better;)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Putting up the poles and taking them down are lots of work, but it also saves the knee time. Something I just thought of also. The pole beans are mostly out of reach of the chickens. But they snag those that are low enough.

Dor

I don't have a large area for either but I like the pole beans better. Since my son is here I've asked him to build tee pee's for my pole beans.

Hi everyone I've missed you all. Homework and baking have taken up a lot of time. I'll try to get here more often, probably this time of the morning.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com