Raspberry the animated doe

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

IronKnees

Meet Raspberry, the most animated deer I have ever seen... She almost always has either her mouth open (sorry ladies) or her tongue out and is always doing something unusual... She even gave me a picture that I used to make a happy birthday card for wife...

RASPBERRY.jpg

MARCH102009%20008PhotoOpp.jpg

01-03-2009%20008aaaa.jpg

Attachments

• PREGNANT DOES 025aabbb.jpg
    PREGNANT DOES 025aabbb.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 338
  • 01-03-2009 011.jpg
    01-03-2009 011.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 359

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dave
Some how there are 2 threads of Raspberry. I'm going to merge them together as Dale replied on the other one

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing Raspberry with us. Nice about the markings so you can tell her from the other ones.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
LOL..I love these pics. Ok..I have to know Mr Ironknees, the one where Raspberry is taking her foot and pushing the other deer away...you did do a "little" photo editing there, right??????

curbhopper

IronKnees ~ I love deer and this one is amazing. "PTHBPTHBPTHB!" Nothing like a finger lickin' good time, down on the farm ! ~ Thanks for posting them! Curbie

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dave, did we ever get into a handloading discussion? I don't load much any more, but I started way back in '56.

IronKnees

LOL..I love these pics. Ok..I have to know Mr Ironknees, the one where Raspberry is taking her foot and pushing the other deer away...you did do a "little" photo editing there, right??????

Absolutely not... I have several pictures of the does fighting and kicking one another... This one just lent itself to "interpretation"... The only thing I did was add the thought bubble, and manage to misspell "Photo-Op"...
Here is a picture of what some of them looked like after the scuffle...

PREGNANT%20DOES%20002prego.jpg

palmettogal

Great pictures. Ms. Raspberry is kind of like the deer kingdom's "Mr. Ed", no? Gotta say that last picture made me smile because I thought it typical for a group of girls to get in a fight one minute, be best friends the next!

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I knew the bucks would fight but I didn't know the does would too. Still learning here...

Kya D

I like the one where the doe is using her leg to push the other doe
I have seen doe's discipline thier fawns with a hoof like that, the poor fawns just tumble if Mom hits em hard enough

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com