Recipes galore and more....

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Jade

Last night we had a company get together here, we had a great turnout, 16 people. I was a little concerned when I saw the size of the guys who piled out of the van, but I always overdo the food, so we were fine. We had chicken, steak(hubby taught all of the germans how to grill on the gas b-bque, that was fun, they only have charcoal in Germany), au-gratin potatoes, haluski(a polish cabbage and egg noodle dish), mandarin salad, fruit salad, french bread, and cupcakes. Oh yeah, we had shrimp, fresh made tortilla chips with homemade salsa, and BLT bites for appetizers. It was a day of cooking for me, but we all really enjoyed ourselves, and I got to learn some more culture. Great fun and so much nicer than going to a restaurant. I hope to do many more multi cultural dinners here.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Jade could you post the recipe for the haluski(a polish cabbage and egg noodle dish), when you get the time...

Also anyone have a good recipe for stuffed cabbage...I don't eat alot of meat so one with or with out meat would be great...thanks

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Debe, I know a fellow in Aloha that has train stuff. He probably does e-bay, but I'm not sure. He probably has as much train stuff in his garage as most stores have.

Jade

I did not add the sugar or the caraway seed and it was still great!

Haluski (Pan-Fried Cabbage and Noodles)
Recipe #99909 | 35 min | 10 min prep | add private not

By: Kelly M.
Sep 15, 2004

Haluski is a pan fried dish that both of my grandmothers used to make of butter, onion, cabbage and noodles. It makes a delicious main or side dish, whatever you're in the mood for. I personally like to let my cabbage get a little brown, but adjust your cooktime as necessary to your preference. The serving sizes will depend on how you are serving it.
SERVES 4 (change servings and units)

Change to: Servings US Metric

Ingredients
4 cups wide egg noodles
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sliced sweet onions, about 1/8 inch thick
2 teaspoons brown sugar
6 cups cabbage, sliced thin
1 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper
Directions
1. Cook egg noodles according to package directions, then drizzle with a bit of oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together and set aside.
2. While noodles are cooking, melt butter in large deep skillet over medium-low heat.
3. Add onion, sprinkle with brown sugar and saute, stirring occasionally for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until softened and just beginning to turn golden.
4. Add cabbage to skillet, stirring well to incorporate with onion, and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in caraway seeds if using, then cover, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Turn heat back to medium, add cooked noodles, salt and pepper, and stir well until noodles are heated though.
7. Adjust seasoning if necessary and serve hot.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Debe, I know a fellow in Aloha that has train stuff. He probably does e-bay, but I'm not sure. He probably has as much train stuff in his garage as most stores have.

COOL!!!! Wonder if next time the grandson is here we might take a road trip...:D...

Cholee

This my Favorite recipe of eggless pancakes

Eggs are such a universal binding agent that it’ almost hard to imagine how to make certain foods without eggs and keep their texture the same. And yet, if you are allergic to eggs or vegan, you can use this recipe.

Attachments

• Eggless-Pancakes-prev.jpg
    Eggless-Pancakes-prev.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 273

Cholee

This recipe is incredibly easy and time saving like other pellet smoker recipes. Just under 40 minutes you will have delicious, juicy smoked chicken breast that no one can resist.
smoked chicken recipe
Smoked-Chicken-Breast-prev.jpg

Cooking beef brisket this way not only makes it tender, it adds a smoked flavor that is absolutely irresistible. It doesn’t matter, if you’re eating it with your kids and family or planning a romantic outing with a loved one, smoked brisket is always a hit.
how long to smoke brisket
brisket_how_to-848x470.jpg

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com