Requesting Blueberry Recipes

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kim I may surprise you but I don't like Paula Deen's cooking. I went to her restaurant one time and was very disappointed. Yes I am from the South.

I have picked up a few recipes from Paula Deen, but I have gotten more useful ideas from Robin Miller. She comes on right before Paula Deen out here. Her show is called "Quick Fix Meals".

I do like Robin Miller's cooking. I don't like everything that Paula Deen makes but I do like some. I just think she is funny to watch.

Oh, BTW, Jade find it and post it please!

Last edited:
Have a {Maybe Dumb} Question.... Can I just bung Blues in the Freezer or do I have to do something to them 1st?
Thanks

Last edited:
The best way to freeze blueberries is put them in the freezer without washing. Just put in freezer bags as air tight as possible.

I have done them that way too, but I do wash them first now. I lay them out on a towel after washing though and let them air dry for awhile before bagging them. When I need them, they are not stuck together so they are easy to measure if I need to do that.

I freeze them in gallon bags and take out what I need. Our neighbor has 500 full grown blueberry bushes so I pick bushels at the time. That's why I am requesting blueberry recipes. hehehehe

Blueberry Cupcakes

To one white cake mix (made with egg whites) add 1 cup blueberries. Pour into paper lined muffin cups. In small bowl mix 2 Tablespoons soft butter,2 Tablespoons sugar and 2 Tablespoons cornstarch until mixture looks like meal (you can toss in a teaspoon of almond extract too if you like). Sprinkle each cupcake with a teaspoon of topping. Bake as directed on cake mix package.

Jules those are great looking recipes. What is digestive biscuit crumbs? Inquiring minds want to know----
You remember those tasteless (to me anyway) digestive cookies we gave the little ones? Those....but I prefer to use Oreo crumbs for just about anything requiring crumbs!!!

Dale, Robin Miller is from the food network show called "quick fix meals". She has a prep day on the week end or one other day and then during the week, she has thing ready to fix meals quickly. She uses a crock pot a lot. Like Randy said she come on before Paula Deen in the morning.

Yes, she will prepare more stuff than she needs for one meal, but then usually base one or two more meals on the extra stuff she prepared. I have picked up more good ideas from her than any other, but I still like to watch others and learn from them.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back