Requisites for a Greenhouse

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

PatrickX20

I recently moved to a new home and brought about few remodeling and renovation simply to make my home a greener zone. The roofing is flat, I know it doesn’t provide much architectural style but it could be greener when compared against the existing styles. I’m planning to get a greenhouse over my roofing but I need your suggestions. I just know to maintain a garden with very less knowledge in greenhouses. I’d like to give a try so looking forward for your views and suggestions on how to start and other requisites. Thanks in advance.

Hi Patrick,
Interesting possiblity!
Issues that may arrise or need to be addressed before you start...
1/ it will be hot up on a roof so ventilation would be essential!
2/ may need a low profile greenhouse to make it look like it belongs
3/ Local rules and regulations need to be lookd into before you start...also look into insurance....
4/ if you are in a windy area you will need a specialized greenhouse construction in order for it to survive over the long term..
5/ Heavy snow could be an issue too!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back