Root out fern ally grass

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Bedlamgwen

Hi All! New gardener here! I'm wondering if anyone will facilitate me?

Unfortunately, my garden has had fern ally grass growing in it for the past 3 years.

Initially, I attempted spraying it with weed killer, that did not do anything! I then resorted to cutting it back to ground level and spraying it, that killed the stalks I might cut, however, they were presently replaced by new growth.

Last spring I sheeted my garden fully with 2 layers of weed proof matting, and 4 inches of gravel, however, the fern ally grass managed to grow old through the matting simply in time for summer, therefore I used to be back to cutting and spraying once more.

It's very frustrating because the fern ally grass engulfs any and every one alternative plants! In need of concreting over my whole garden, will anyone have any plan of the way to rid of my garden of this implausibly invasive and annoying plant?

I red about top ten weed killer review also - https://itday.com/garden/top-6-best-weed-killer-review-ultimate-guide-buyers/.. but i need advice i don't want to take any risk for my garden..

Thank you so much

Spraying with herbicides is not the healthy way to go, it is not healthy for the soil and definitely not safe for you!
The only way to get rid of the fern is to dig it up and remove the root system...you will need to keep at it, and eventually you will get rid of it!
Sorry that there is no easy fix!
Please post a photo of your weed!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back