Rose Propagation

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

the willow water is to mostly to help in preventing and controlling disease...

Hummm...very interesting indeed Debe':D:D Thank you!:)

Randy,would you suppose that would work not being in water at the time?
You know how you cut the stems one again underwater before trying to root them. I have cut a slit in the center with my pruners but that was under water.
Wonder if it actually in reality makes a difference.

Kale:)

You know how you cut the stems one again underwater before trying to root them. I have cut a slit in the center with my pruners but that was under water.
Wonder if it actually in reality makes a difference.

I find that cutting under water is more for when you are putting in a vase...it will help extend the time in a vase...also adding one half of an asprin to the water and allowing it to disolve ...we did this at the florist I worked at and also my duaghter when she worked at one in Sacramento...

My vast experience has only been 4 attempts with 3 of them being successful and I didn't smash or bruise the end at all. But I could have used an anvil type pruner and that could have bruised the cutting slightly.

I have one container of my Altissimo cuttings that have callosed over at the top. Has anyone had this happen before? If so what causes this?

My daughter got a dozen of pretty rose's Saturday.Their white edged in pink.I'm going to try and root one.I have never had any luck with florist rose's.

I have one container of my Altissimo cuttings that have callosed over at the top. Has anyone had this happen before? If so what causes this?

Can you take a pic big enough for us to see?

Here's a picture of her rose's they have turned more pink this afternoon.Still going to try to root one.:)

Attachments

• Mom's flowers 004.JPG
    Mom's flowers 004.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 348
  • Mom's flowers 005.JPG
    Mom's flowers 005.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 335
  • Mom's flowers 006.JPG
    Mom's flowers 006.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 335
  • Mom's flowers 003.JPG
    Mom's flowers 003.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 350
These are some from Valentines Day.

Attachments

• Mom's flowers 007.JPG
    Mom's flowers 007.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 377
  • Mom's flowers 008.JPG
    Mom's flowers 008.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 332
  • Mom's flowers 009.JPG
    Mom's flowers 009.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 350
Here's a picture of her rose's they have turned more pink this afternoon.Still going to try to root one.:)

I took three of these rose's that look like they may root .Dipped the cuttings in Takeroot and potted them yesterday.Hopefully with my finger's,eye's and toe's crossed some take root:)

Do you cover them Spider_Lily?
What is the location? (indoors?)
Oh. I thought I posted a pic of the roses I got ,well at first I bought a few then bought more elsewhere ,then got about 28 free rose cuttings
(after the valentines day sale ) !*LOL
some are blooming some are loosing it and not opening.. I will have to check on them.
Gotta run... If I remember I will get the pics meanwhile I'll wait for your reply!
It is extremely cold out there the winds are skin hurtin
may,BRB

Kale I have some cutting's covered with a large clear bag.I have some uncovered in a hug pot outside,I alway's leave them outside not cold enough here to freeze them.Most root well for me but these or florist rose's.Not sure if they will take root but hope they will.:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back