Rules For Non-Pet Owners..Who Visit and Complain About Our Pets...

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Bluewolf

1. They live here. You don't.

2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)

3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.

4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy and walks on all fours. Although they don't speak clearly, they communicate extremely well, especially cats.

5. Dogs and cats are better than kids ...

they eat less,

don't ask for money all the time,

are easier to train,

usually come when called (this does not apply to cats),

never drive your car,

don't hang out with drug-using friends,

don't smoke or drink,

don't worry about having to buy the latest fashions,

don't wear your clothes,

and don't need a gazillion dollars for college.

Also, if they get pregnant, you can sell the children!!!

:p

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have seen that one before, but I like it. Visitors are visitors. Our pets are family.

swindy

Great Blue.
My kitty just got banned from the common area of this complex. I guess somebody didn't like her visiting the tennents and complained. All the ol gals down there are upset that Missy will no longer be hanging out with them. And she is upset that she can no longer go out the front door and go see the gals.

Jade

We have a kitty who thinks that he is a dog, ha. I keep telling him that he needs to learn how to bark and we won't have to get a puppy. We are watching all of the dog programs now to figure out if a puppy would fit into our life and what kind. Bruce will be travelling most of 2010 with his job and I think it would be good for me to have another "person" in the house. This is in deep deliberation right now, which is good. I don't want a new puppy only to have it be a problem. He has never had a dog, but I have had 2 labs and I know how much they change things.

Bluewolf

Jade,

I usually get a pooch that is around 1- 1 1/2 years of age they get out of all the "baby" stuff and are easier to train

I also get "recycled" doggies from the pound(ACC) or ASPCA because they are already spayed/neutred gotten their baby shots and now a days get microchipped

I got the Mooches for $85.. it would have cost me alot more than that to have all the proceedures done
Plus you get alot of discounts because you adopted from one of those two places...

Kya D

I got puppies this time, they are the 1st puppies I have got in the past 15 years.
It is kinda good cuz they entertain each other so well. But on the other hand if one has an accident on the floor unless you see them do it you don't know which one to scold

Blueaussi

I'm another firm believer in taking in the homeless pets. Abigail is a rescue, and the other 4 all came out of one pound or another. It makes me feel like I'm part of the solution of pet over-population.

If you decide you want a pure bred dog or cat, please be sure to research the breeder to be sure their animals are well treated and that they're not over breeding.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did buy a pure-bred dog once and I loved her to pieces. But I loved our rescued dogs equally as much.

Blueaussi

I don't think anyone should feel guilty about loving or wanting a purebred, sorry if I gave that impression. I've had three purebred Australian Shepherds in my life. I just wanted to remind folks to check out the people who bred their pup. You don't want to support someone who's essentially a puppy miller on a smaller scale. There are just too many people who will do anything for a quick buck.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, I didn't feel guilty, Blue. Never even occurred to me. I heard a story one time about a family that went back to the animal shelter a number of times and the parents were getting exasperated at their little boy, because he couldn't find a dog that he wanted to take home. Finally he saw one and the employee told the little boy that they didn't think that was a good choice as the puppy was criipled and would probably be euthanized. But the little boy was adamant about selecting that particular puppy and his parents relented. When they had gotten the puppy home, they asked him why he was so determined to get that particular dog. The little boy was also a cripple and he explained to his parents that he wanted a puppy that could understand his own condition.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com