Sad Sad Day

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

It will take time before the sweet memories are the only ones. Being a pet owner is a tough job. We must face them aging, or suffering , someone once told me the reason we love our dogs so much and feel so colse to them is because dog is God spelled backwards.

This is so true Crabber.:)

That is so true CG. Dogs are always there to help you when you are having a bay day or to add to your joy when you are having a great day

You know where his heart was, he knew you loved him and that, in the end of all relationships, is what counts. You did your job well and your heart can be eased by knowing he was greatful. There is no heart more greatful than that of a loved and well cared for pet.

Crabber you made me tear up again.That was so sweet.
This is Pluto with our dog Smokie and when he was a puppy.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 308
  • GetAttachment1.jpg
    GetAttachment1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 302
You know spider if nothing else comes of this maybe it has taught that woman to slow down while she drives. Maybe you should put up a big sign by the road saying "You Killed My Beloved Dog While You Were Speeding Down This Road, The Next Time It Could Be A Child. Are You Going To Leave A Child Lay There To Die In The Road To?"
maybe it will make her really think about what she did.

Spider, I am incredibly sorry for your loss and apologize for not seeing this sooner. We send you our love ~ Curbie etc

Attachments

• brown dogs 026 (2)  EM.jpg
    brown dogs 026 (2) EM.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 284
  • cats, Cayman 016 (2)  EM.jpg
    cats, Cayman 016 (2) EM.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 305
  • brown dogs 018 (2)  EM.jpg
    brown dogs 018 (2) EM.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 283
  • milk head 004 (3)  EM.jpg
    milk head 004 (3) EM.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 312
You know spider if nothing else comes of this maybe it has taught that woman to slow down while she drives. Maybe you should put up a big sign by the road saying "You Killed My Beloved Dog While You Were Speeding Down This Road, The Next Time It Could Be A Child. Are You Going To Leave A Child Lay There To Die In The Road To?"
maybe it will make her really think about what she did.
Thats a good idea but it would'nt faze her.She has flew by several time's today.That's ok oneday she's gonna meet someone in this curve that's going to hurt her bad for driving so fast.Live and learn maybe.

Yes ma'am ~ 4 cats and a Lab. That sign really seems like a fine idea but make it VERY big. Not a lecture, but I cretainly would mention your dog in it. Can you call the police department? ~ Curbie

A sign is a good idea something like
"it was my innocent dog this time, next time it could be your child, SLOW DOWN!"
Of course I am that in your face kinda person so maybe you might not want to go there.

Kay,
I didn't mean to make you sad, I know what you are going through , Someone hit my Dobbie so hard it tossed him in our yard, worst part was he was on the side of our yard, but near the street, they actually ran off the road to hit him. I heard it and told Tim some one hit our full garbage cans. We could see the tire tracks where he ran on the grass. Know I am hurting with you as he looks like such a sweet boy , most labs and goldens are never met one I didn't like.

A sign is a good idea something like
"it was my innocent dog this time, next time it could be your child, SLOW DOWN!"
Of course I am that in your face kinda person so maybe you might not want to go there.

Kay,
I didn't mean to make you sad, I know what you are going through , Someone hit my Dobbie so hard it tossed him in our yard, worst part was he was on the side of our yard, but near the street, they actually ran off the road to hit him. I heard it and told Tim some one hit our full garbage cans. We could see the tire tracks where he ran on the grass. Know I am hurting with you as he looks like such a sweet boy , most labs and goldens are never met one I didn't like.

Crabber so sorry some one had the nerve to run into your yard to hit your dog.The same thing happened to my Dad once. He had one of those short stocky broaded headed bulldogs.He loved that dog .Well someone came by and wanted to buy it Dad said not for sale.The next day this guy ran over Dad bulldog it to was in his yard. Some people have no respect for animal's.But oneday will pay for the deed they have done.

Well, my Dad accidentally ran over our OWN dog in the driveway. He was leaving for work and Shammy (Shamrock) followed him out to the car. He thought the dog had moved but it hadn't. That was the first time I ever saw my Dad cry. He didn't even go to work that day. Mom made his favorite meal and he didn't eat. ~ Curbie

There was a sign on the road not to far from me a couple years ago that said slow down dog killers. I sure someone had hit and killed their dog.
A couple weeks ago my granddaughters cat was hit and killed in front of my house and the people never stop either. My husband happen to glance out the window at the time she was hit but by the time he got outside to her she was dead and the car was going so fast that it was long gone and he didn't recognize the car.

That's so sad Maggie.People are in to big a hurry to slow down for pet's.Are they just don't care.Sorry your GD has lost her kitty.Glad she didn't see it happen.I saw the lady who ran over Pluto yesterday.She alway's wave's when she goes flying by.But not yesterday I just stopped what I was doing and stared her down.She never looked my way......:rolleyes:

One day our lab, who wasn't the "sharpest tool in the shed", went thru the underground dog fence that we had in the yard and followed the kids to the school bus. The car behind the bus hit her. It was as if God was right there and intervened, my sons school called me at work and said that he was sick and to come and get him. We got home and the poor girl was laying there in the driveway waiting for us. We got her to the vet where they pinned her leg and put stabelizers on both sides of it. We faithfully cleaned that every day for months. Of course she was never the same physically after that. We used to sing her that "Ain't the sharpest tool in the shed" song every time we were cleaning her wounds. After our divorce my ex gave her away to a farm where she could have the run of the land. She lived there happily ever after. The kids just told me that she recently died. The kids and I will never forget nursing that girl and we still talk about it often.

My sister, her 5 y/o daughter, I were driving on a rural road and saw a deer laying in a ditch. We stopped and it was still alive. A guy came yb and helped us load it into the back of my sister's station wagon.He told us to follow him to the vet. I sat in the with the deer so she could lay her head on my lap. I stroked her and sang to her.She'd close her eyes and then open them again. We got to the vet, the guy ran into get the vet....The deer looked up at me,took a deep breath, and died in my arms. Curbie

I know how you feel.. I never knew how much i could love an animal.

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back