Sad Sad Day

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

My husband always says about our Lab,"I love her more than myself." I'm really a cat person but all of our animals tolerate me feeding the squirrels and bird and I picked out the Lab b/c of her eyes. I have had a chipmunk 'flying' around in the house, as well as birds and mice. "MOM! LOOK what I brought home!" I seriously cannot kill a fly. DON'T step on that worm. My dear husband woke me one morning and said,"I know where the mouse is.........it's on the shower curtain rod. I had company in the shower!" oh....i will take care of that issue... Do you know how far a mouse can jump? I thought it was silly when the chipmunk went up the inside of my jeans ~ now I have a flying mouse and 4 cats. I love all animals ~ Curbie :)

Last edited:
I don't, but I suspect they all have their place in this world. It is hard for me to think affectionately about a rattlesnake, for instance. I would leave one alone though unless it posed a danger.

Oh, I sort-of-accidently picked up a snake at the lake b/c I thought it was dead. It was beautiful and I thought I'd take it home to show MTM. It wasn't dead ~ it had a mouse in it's mouth. It went on it's merry way and I came home to find out it was a copperhead. MTM said,"Stop playing in the woods." o....k.... I guess I should be grateful to the mouse. Copperheads are beautiful. I'm like a kid in Show-&-Tell. ~ Curbie

Jules and one of our neighbors are really afraid of snakes ~ I chose a copperhead. Maybe I should have started with a different one. I'd be afraid of an alligator. ~ Curbie :)

Lucky that it had a mouse in his mouth Curbie! I agree with Spider, I have no use for snakes. I have yet to figure out what purpose they serve besides being a threat to people and animals. I would be less afraid of a gator, at least I could see it coming..

I truly thought that snake was dead. Obviously, I'm not a Snake-a-hol-igist....person. :) Alligators run quite quickly. Wonder if you can train an alligator? Get a baby one ~ feed it and train it. This could work except I don't know where to get a tiny one. Wonder if you can get an egg. MTM just said something TOTALLY silly when I asked him. Does anyone know about alligators? ~ Curbie

Heavenly Days,Curbie!! ( bet you'll think twice next time about being curious )

PRH, I ask things all the time ~ grocery store ~ gas station ~ We have a friend who knows just about anything to know. He's a volunteer firefighter (EMT), a computer wizard, chef, new homeowner, and professional photographer ( I did teach him that ~ he takes people and I take landscapes). He came by today and said,"Mom , I'm falling apart." So I asked him how to do something on the computer. He said,"I don't know a thing about that" ♥ Mom, how'd you do that? SandiB said to explore ♥ Is that the Gardening place? He may join. I'll warn you :) He is the nicest person. ~ Curbie

If you are going to pick up a snake, Miss Curbie, you need to at least be able to identify it. The head is a giveaway except for the coral snake, but you won't find one of them in your area. The head of a pit viper is much more triangular than a non-poisonous snake. The swollen area toward the back of the head is where the venom sacs are located.

I may never see another copperhead. What's a pit viper? I know that this had a triangular head. I was walking along to look at it's coloring and markings. Glad it had that mouse. . . . I guess ~ Curbie

There are small pits behind the eyes of a pit viper. They are sensing organs for them. The rattlesnake, water moccasin, and copperhead are all pit vipers. Don't get close enough to see them though, Miss Curbie.

We have had yet another sad afternoon.God bless this family.Little seven yr.old girl got killed this afternoon.Apparently the child walked in front of the bus and from what the driver said didn’t know the child had been run over until people were yelling, ‘stop.God bless and be with this child and her family and the bus driver and these kids who witnessed this awful scene.:(

When it rain's it pour's here.More bad new's when will it ever end.My sister's boyfriend had a stroke Monday.He passed away Wed.He had just ask her to marry him.Was in process of getting marriage license.So another sad day at our house.:(

So sorry Spider, your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs.
Hugs and prayers are being sent to the little girls family and everyone involved in that awful accident. So sad.
Prayers being said for all my gf friends and family

At aloss for any words,but know your in my thoughts & prayers as well as your sis! As for the little girl,very sad and my thoughts and prayers are with all those who not only witnessed the event,but they are directed to her family at this tragic turn of events! Hang in there,many extra hugs!!

Last edited:
Oh spider ~ very kindhearted person on here told me something like: Chin up. We are holding your hands. Please let your sister know that she has many many friends b/c we care ~ about you, and her ~ yes ma'am....it will end. Sing, cook, cry,yell, throw a ping pong ball, light a candle. I did. I am so sorry for your and your sister's loss. Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back