Share Your Crafts

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gloria I don't know how you have time to do the intricate cross stich pieces you do. You are amazing.

Dale, I'm truely not amazing. If I sit to watch TV, I pick up the stitching..actually I don't watch TV, just glance at it now and then...LOL
I sat with hubby for 2 hours today thru a movie, I stitched, he watched. Now and then when he laughed, I looked up. I've got to be doing something with my hands or I'm bored.
Now.. back at ya.. you are a God send to the troops and people in need. I know you dedicate a lot of time and more to helping people. YOU are the amazing one.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dale, I'm truely not amazing. If I sit to watch TV, I pick up the stitching..actually I don't watch TV, just glance at it now and then...LOL
I sat with hubby for 2 hours today thru a movie, I stitched, he watched. Now and then when he laughed, I looked up. I've got to be doing something with my hands or I'm bored.
Now.. back at ya.. you are a God send to the troops and people in need. I know you dedicate a lot of time and more to helping people. YOU are the amazing one.

No I am not amazing but thanks for thinking of me. I go by, "Much is given, much is required." I don't take that lightly. The more you give the more you get back in return. I am truly blessed, this month I will be a 9 year ovarian cancer survivor.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
thanks lady...i am off to take a look ...I would very much like to own one of your creations dear...

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alll Us girls are amazing in our own right. Just the fact that we have so much going on and still do crafts and garden and such.... so all you girls give yourself a pat on the back;)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
You hit the nail right on the head, Crabber. The gals normally will have housekeeping chores, meals to fix, noses to blow and all that stuff in addition to things they might enjoy. I have some responsibilities here too, but not like the gals do. This coming year will be a chore though. I have a chicken pen to rebuild, a berry patch to clean out and put up new posts for supporting the vines, etc. This snow and ice took a lot down.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
You hit the nail right on the head, Crabber. The gals normally will have housekeeping chores, meals to fix, noses to blow and all that stuff in addition to things they might enjoy. I have some responsibilities here too, but not like the gals do. This coming year will be a chore though. I have a chicken pen to rebuild, a berry patch to clean out and put up new posts for supporting the vines, etc. This snow and ice took a lot down.

Randy sounds like your wagon is loaded for 2009. Just don't overdue it. Remember Rome was not built in a day.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
The gals normally will have housekeeping chores, meals to fix, noses to blow and all that stuff in addition to things they might enjoy. I have some responsibilities here too, but not like the gals do. .

You know....if I didn't know you better I would think , you think we allneed to be barefoot and well...you get the point...:eek::cool:;):D

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not at all, Deb. I just think most gals have a full plate before they ever get a chance to think about something to do for fun.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good Luck on the Chicken pen Randy. I am down to one lone chicken she lays all the time but I have let her go free range. She is more of a pet than a layer. Do you (or anyone else) know how long a chicken will live? I had my best rooster as a pet for about 12 years then a new young stud rooster appeared and took him out :( I was so sad. Anyway I was just wondering how long this hen could be with me.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
My husband grew up on a farm. I asked him about the life of a chicken. He said when they are pets they do live longer but when he was growing up chickens would live 7 to 8 years on their farm.

Kya D

I have 2

little Mille Fluer hens (Banties) and they have to be at least 8 years old by now. They are the most talkative little hens I have ever owned.
I really like having chickens. I let all of my brood every year and they raise the sweetest chicks.

GardenBear1

some of you may all ready know I'm a quilter from way back, I took it up as a replacement for drinking, my quilts are for every day use and not just for show, I have as of last year made over 300 quilts most I have gave away as gifts or to the homeless shelter,I never toss out a old pair of pants or a shirt or any thing that might be used in a quilt the only time I buy fabric if I'm going to make some thing special for a wedding or a new baby other than that I use any thing I find, I even use polyester to make a quilt or two :D I hand tie all my quilts so they will wash and dry better and last for ever. I'm sure some of you remember wearing polyester :rolleyes::rolleyes:

polyester

quilts007.jpg

bow tie

quilts003.jpg

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
My wife and I were just talking about polyester leisure suits a few days ago. There was a late night TV show years back called "Fernwood Tonight". It was a comedy show (satire). My wife told me about it because I was never one to stay up late enough to watch it. There was one episode that apparently has become famous for the topic that "polyester leisure suits cause cancer". Because many laboratories use mice and rats for testing, this guy on that program had miniature leisure suits small enough to fit mice. Remember though, this was pure satire.

swindy

Randy Fernwood Tonight was such a funny show. Thanks for the memory

Bear what a great thing to do, giving your home made quilts to the homeless. I am sure they really appericiate recieving them.

Last edited:

Scarez

Bear, I've been homeless three times in my life.... so kinda looks like you owe me THREE QUILTS then, right?

lol

Awe common, I want one, I WANT ONE (*waving frantically)
Please oh please oh wouldya huh? huh?

Okay guys, sorry, I know, bad Scarez, no begging
taking my time out now~~

hehehe, but I'm still a stinker

Dor

Bear, I love your quilts and what you are doing with them. I learned to quilt in the Arkansas country from my Grandmother and my mother. I just picked it back up a few years ago. I was looking through my Christmas quilts when I ran across your post. I want to start by making quilts for all my children and my grandchildren the I can go on from there. Thanks again for sharing your beautify craft with us.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a military oriented group that I am a member of that makes quilts for the families of the fallen heroes. I have been apart of this ministry and it's the most rewarding thing I have done in a long long time. You make the quilt squares write a note on it or just sign your name and where you are from. There are volunteers that put the quilts together. Hadn't sewn in 30+ years until 2008.

Kya D

Garden bear what wonderful quilts. I'm with you I want quilts that are quick to make and very useable. I guess I never met a piece of denim I didn't like.
I love to make quilts with denim backs for baby quilts cuz they stay spread out when you put them on the floor under the baby.
Thanks for showing us your work

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com