Sharing a few flowers.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I wonder why you have to lift them in sc. Is it cause it's too warm for them?
Lyn, do you lift yours in TX?

I wonder why you have to lift them in sc. Is it cause it's too warm for them?
Lyn, do you lift yours in TX?

Yes, the winters don't get cold enough here in the midlands. They'll straggle on for a year or two, but slowly fade after that.

I don't know. I never thought about it. I just planted them. I'll let you know in a few years.

I saw these yesterday when I went to check on neighbor's.After tornado destoryed their moblie home .Made a photo on my way home.

Attachments

• MOMS FLOWERS 001.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 001.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 335
  • MOMS FLOWERS 002.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 002.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 344
  • MOMS FLOWERS 003.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 003.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 347
My fiance and I are looking at a house in western Tennessee next weekend. I'm scared to death of tornados, and it's in tornado alley. The house is my dream house, Ive done a virtual tour and google street map, how do those of you live in tornado alley? The house was built in 1895 and has survived.

How do you survive the winters in New York! My sweetie lives up that way, in Schenectady, and his highs in January and February are lower than my lows! Brrrrrr! And when it snows, you crazy people drive around in it like it's a normal day!

Surviving the winters in NY? One of the reasons we're looking down south, The older I get the less I can handle this winter was one of the coldest I can remember and I just kept saying I'm so tired of being cold. We both have raynauds syndrom that doesn't help. I'm about 1 1/2 hours from Schnechtady. I don't drive when it's snowing as I work out of my home, and I agree you have to be crazy to drive in it.

No not crazy, i'm just a typical mainer that grew up in it and drive in it everytime that it snows.....

Surviving the winters in NY? One of the reasons we're looking down south, The older I get the less I can handle this winter was one of the coldest I can remember and I just kept saying I'm so tired of being cold. We both have raynauds syndrom that doesn't help. I'm about 1 1/2 hours from Schnechtady. I don't drive when it's snowing as I work out of my home, and I agree you have to be crazy to drive in it.

Ah, well, I'm much reassured about your sanity! And I guess part of my point was that each part of the country has its own drawbacks, and if you live there you just learn to deal with them. Not that I'll ever agree to live in Upstate New York, mind you! It's too very cold, and the winter so dark and long!

A few more to share.:)

Attachments

• MOMS FLOWERS 001.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 001.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 355
  • MOMS FLOWERS 004.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 004.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 335
  • MOMS FLOWERS 005.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 005.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 339
  • MOMS FLOWERS 006.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 006.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 335
Blue I move to the NY NJ area from beautiful always warm sunny Calif and find that I love the weather here. Everything changes every 3 months. It really marks the movement of time. And I really love having 3 wardrobes, just when you get tired of wearing the same old thing, it is time to pack it all away and pull out the new seasons clothes,and everything seems new again. It is so much easier to keep warm in the cold then it is to cool down in the heat.
Every area of the country has their own problems to deal with but they also have their own desirable quality of life. I lived in many areas of the US and always loved where I lived except for Fresno Ca.lol

Sharing a few more white Wisteria.:)

Attachments

• MOMS FLOWERS 004.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 004.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 334
  • MOMS FLOWERS 007.JPG
    MOMS FLOWERS 007.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 368
I wanted to share a few of my flowers.

Attachments

• tn_Spring in April 009.JPG
    tn_Spring in April 009.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 357
  • tn_Spring in April 010.JPG
    tn_Spring in April 010.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 345
  • tn_Spring in April 011.JPG
    tn_Spring in April 011.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 355
Yes it is a canna. I can't remember the name right now but I got them in a trade.

Spider, I bet your daffs smell incredible. I didn't put any bulbs here last fall, what a mistake, I am sorely missing them. My Beauty of Moscow Lilac is budded up, I can't wait for her to flower, it will be a little while though. I love your white wisteria. We a lilac colored one in Ontario that we were training to be a tree wisteria, I knew that it was a long project when I started it, and, unfortunately we aren't able to continue the project due to a transfer. I still wonder about my yard up there. Unless the owners are big time gardeners they won't have a clue what I was up to. I need to get my camera into the shop the get it fixed. It takes great pictures, but has been not in good shape lately. It didn't work on our trip to Williamsburg, which bummed me out.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back