Shinekeeper...present and accounted for!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

shinekeeper

Hi everyone! I see a lot of familiar "faces" and think I will start yakking. Yeehaw.

I am a lover of colorful plants and green lushiness. Winter chills me to the bone here in southwestern Ohio, although I admit it has been mild to date.

I cherish good friends, intelligent conversation and a hot cup of strong, black coffee.

I look forward to swapping advice and stories...Heaven knows I need the advice and can make up the stories!!

M

Mari-Jo

Welcome shinekeeper.........lots of familiar names popping up here......:)

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Deb
So glad to see you here. Sure have missed chatting with ya. i'm sure we will be doing lots of chatting...... Talk with ya soon.

Hey, do you still chat with Peggy, I emailed her the link using the email addy that I had for her but never heard back from her so not sure I have the correct email. We need the old Bluegrass gang here. What about Gramps? Sure have missed him

Last edited:

shinekeeper

Well...Peggy has been busy with family stuff...I still talk to her but she has been so occupied. She has been slow answering me, too, but I imagine you have the right email. I'll send her over! I actually went to her house in August and had an incredible time! She and her husband are great people.

Gramps emails me from time to time...he's fine. He just kinda got away from the online stuff. I doubt he'll post anymore, but I could be wrong.

smiley_face2

Another name I recognise! Maybe with all the moving around and changes, Gramps kind of gave up like me.... I just found it too difficult. This is so wonderful! I'm so happy Bob has done this, it is truly just like the old days. Maybe if you emailed him and told him that, he might give it a try. :)

Jules

Howdy SHinekeeper....another one from our previous life :D I just love it when we reconnect with the good old gang. Glad to "see" you .... YAHOO!!!!

Scarez

7.gif
Shiny!

this makes it official now! :p

K

Kale

HI Shinekeeper! How did I miss this!
Great to See you!:D :D

Happy Birthday in case I missed that too *LOL
Boy did this pass me by...

What kind of Gardening stories do you want to share.. hem,hem, tell..?
I'm all ears on this boring New Years Day...

Happy New Year Everyone! 2009 can't believe it is 2009!

Kale:)

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kale the tradition goes that whatever you do today you do all year. So if you are bored today you know what that means.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
No I do not understand that statement..:eek:

Kale:eek:

Kale that tradition says if you are bored on New Years Day you will be bored all the year.

Example--if you shop today you will shop all year. Just what people say----

Last edited:

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've heard that old saying too Dale..gonna be a lot of people watching ball games all year..a lot of bored people..some depressed, a few that are working today. Going by this, the world is gonna be a mess this year!!
I've tried to keep myself quite occupied and was sure to have the traditional foods for money and success (I thinks that why we have the traditional foods.) Do you think we might be a tad superstitious? LOL

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com