Show your Garden from start to finish(Spring to Fall)

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

swindy

Hi all our winter bleary gardening friends. Spring is just breaking all over the country so I thought this would be a great time to share our new gardens with all the members.
It would be so great to see your gardens from early spring to fall , so post pictures of the early beds and we can enjoy each others gardens all season long.
So run out and take pictures of your gardens waking up and share them here.

tonya

new flower beds

ok miss swindy i'll jump... HPIM0859.jpg

HPIM0860.jpg
the bed with the daffodils was created 4 years ago,i had mark dump the lawn clippings there and i added my kitchen scraps for 2 years, in march '08 i planted catherine woodbury day lilies(notice black plastic in bottom photo),assorted color gladiolus and chrysanthemum "sheffield" as a ground cover. last october i separated the daylilies and forgot about them:(but i did manage to get the daffodils in and will be putting the daylilies in front of them, i also plan to put in more glads and yellow&orange cosmos. the bottom bed will be home to the Sunny Knock Out-Rosa "Radsunny" and sunflowers-"mammoth","starburst blaze", "velvet queen","moulin rouge","terracotta" and mixed colors, i will also rely on the mum to act as both a ground cover and to provide continuity for these two beds...wish me luck folks:)i will post pix of my progress (which of course has been held up by the rain):(

swindy

tonya great pics of your beds. The Dafs look great. I am going to love watching it fill out and up as the season moves along. I will post pics of my planting area as soon as it stops raining and I get a pic to post.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
My large flower bed is in bad shape..but you asked for it..
I've kinda sectioned off a 40X25 foot area and just started planting. Last year I went back to work so it was neglected. I've just started cleaning it up. Here's a few pics.

1. iris and daylillies
2. the rake and hoe are waiting for me...ughhh
3 old wheel barrow full of plants waiting to grow

Attachments

• iris.jpg
    iris.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 350
  • rake.jpg
    rake.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 338
  • wheel barrow.jpg
    wheel barrow.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 339

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
A few more..

1. hand pump on a wooden barrel
2. wash tub with hycinth and a few more plants
3. water feature..All these things needs loads of attention. I hope to get everything re-painted, replanted and looking good before long.

Attachments

• antiques.jpg
    antiques.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 350
  • tub.jpg
    tub.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 334
  • water feature.jpg
    water feature.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 344

sunflower3

this is my herb garden & roses right now, not much to look at but in a few months look out.

Attachments

• all pictures 021.jpg
    all pictures 021.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 351

swindy

It is great to see the garden beds warming up to be planted. It is going to be so much fun watching them come alive and beautiful ! Thanks for posting pics Tonya Gloria and SunFlower.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Wonderful...just got most of ours tilled...I do have peas in and onions...I will get picturesthis week end...I look so forward to this time of the year...

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I planted more onions today..and carrots and radish. I'm a bit late but maybe I'll get lucky. Yep, Flowers, you need to get the camera out, we're waiting..

tonya

new beds

i know i posted my veggie plot picture on another thread somewhere buuutt....mark helped me prune my crape mrytle today...i will post more pictures later when everything gets going..HPIM0858.jpg:):)

swindy

Tonya the bed is looking good. I see your your buddy there ready to help you turn the soil, or is he worried about you finding the bones he burried there all winter? I love the white daffs

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmmm Ok I'll try to get some pics this afternoon. It looks pretty bad right now , half needs to weeded :rolleyes:

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been working in the flower bed but after returning to work..it's not getting as much attention as I'd hoped. Here's more pictures.

Attachments

• tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 054.JPG
    tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 054.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 343

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
A few more shots.. 1st pic..hydrangia, rose of sharon, a trellis with jasmine vine
2nd..daylilies, gladiolias, iris
3rd..canna, stella d'ora, gardenia, azalea, and a weeping willow

Attachments

• tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 048.JPG
    tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 048.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 351
  • tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 049.JPG
    tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 049.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 340
  • tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 056.JPG
    tn_April 24, flowers & dogs 056.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

SandiB

NEW projects

DH has been watching the DIY network that has many ideas for yards and has gotten some ideas of his own.
He made my pocono garden BIGGER & landscaped timber 3 high around it..took close to 5 ton of top soil to fill it.. he added a small pond too. My job now is to add flowers & decorate :) Ohhh...I did move alot of the top soil also...whewww!
Its a mess now...will take some time to finish.

He is also building a smaller deck in the yard 14 x 12 & adding a fire pit. Don't have pics of the deck-ette progress yet...will post when I do.

Its fun to do so much work together...DH says if we do it now while we are still able..years to come we can just sit back & enjoy ♥

Attachments

• Yard-Deck2010.jpg
    Yard-Deck2010.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 327
  • yard april 2010.jpg
    yard april 2010.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 314

sunflower3

MY herbs are growing now.
1. Egyptian onions
2. golden thyme
3. oregano plants
4. onion chives
5. parsley
6. french tarragon plants no picture won't let me upload it now.

my basil,dill, rosemary are in the green house for now.

Attachments

• all pictures 221.jpg
    all pictures 221.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 329
  • all pictures 222.jpg
    all pictures 222.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 325
  • all pictures 223.jpg
    all pictures 223.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 324
  • all pictures 224.jpg
    all pictures 224.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 320
  • all pictures 225.jpg
    all pictures 225.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 340

RiverDog

This year I expanded my little veggie plot and added another section, so I planted most in the first plot while I built up the second. After I finished it I just transplanted them over to the new section. Here are some pics from start to the present.

100_1851.jpg 100_1852.jpg 144.jpg 014.jpg 020.jpg

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some pics from the begining of this year and some from a couple weeks ago. I can't get the entire garden in the shots so I tried to pick picutres that have the same areas in them. I'll take some new ones thias weekend because things have really grown. I pulled the onions last weekend.

Attachments

• before1.jpg
    before1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 322
  • Then.jpg
    Then.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 333
  • Now.jpg
    Now.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 326
  • now 2.jpg
    now 2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 318
  • Onions.jpg
    Onions.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com