Silk Pie - dessert

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Captainobvious

One more for you guys...this time its sweet :D

I call it "Silk Pie" because its smoooooth. :p

Ingredients:

1 Large tub of Cool Whip
Half cup milk chocolate morsels
1 can of sliced Pineapple (medium size)
about 20 sliced strawberries
1 large or 2 small bananas, sliced
2 standard (not large) boxes of instant bananna pudding
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup margarine/butter (melted)
4 cups milk
4 tablespoons sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F
If your Cool Whip is frozen, let it sit out opened while you prepare everything
so it has a chance to thaw.

In a large bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until
evenly mixed up and there are no chunks. Lightly grease a 9X12 lasagna
style pan (the taller the better). spread the crumb mixture into the pan
and press down to compact the crust. Place into oven uncovered for 8 minutes
then remove from heat and chill in freezer while working on the next steps.
(Be sure to put a hot pad under the pan before sticking it in the freezer)

Drain the juice from pineapples. Slice up the strawberries and bananas. In a
large bowl, mix the pudding per the directions (this is usually 2 cups cold
milk per box, hence the 4 cups cold milk above). Remove crust from freezer- it
should have been in for about 10 minutes- and pour the pudding evenly over the
crust. Place in fridge for appx 20 minutes to allow time to set properly.

Remove from fridge and add bananas flat side down and distribute evenly followed
by the pineapple and strawberries. Cover the fruit completely with Cool Whip
(about 1/2" over fruit) and then sprinkle morsels on top. Place back in fridge
until ready to serve.

Enjoy!

Just as something to think about, Ive also considered putting the fruit on the crust FIRST, then pouring the pudding on. This would make the pudding/fruit mix more solid and easier to coat with Cool Whip. Just a thought.

My daughter just gave me a cookbook a couple of days ago and I tried one of the recipes yesterday morning. I have a cup of oatmeal almost every morning and this was a variation. The recipe called for equal parts of quick-cooking oats and Grape Nuts. Add raisins and cinnamon and sweeten with brown sugar. Well, I can't leave a recipe alone and I use the old-fashioned oats that take longer to cook. They are actually much better for you anyway. I used Splenda for sweetening instead of sugar too. But the Grape Nuts gave the oats an entirely different and very tasty flavor. I fed our house guest some of it too and she also thought it was quite good. I won't make this on a rgular basis as Grape Nuts are pretty high in carbohydrates, but it will be good to have on occasion to break the monotony of regular oatmeal.

That's sounds really good Captain..I'm going to try it for the next family get-together. I won't make sweets for me and hubby..he doesn't care for sweets so that leaves the entire thing for me and that's not good!!! LOL

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back