Since I can't paint the fence....

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Bluewolf

Due to the fact that we are supposed to get some serious rain this weekend/upcoming week

I decided to do some other stuff

finished up the alley and sprayed a heavy dose of weedkiller
just to make sure (this is the only place I use it)

Then I started on the iris "run"

dug up all my irises from surrounding areas divided them up and replanted them along the run

this is the order of my pics

before-ish (not at the very beginning)
after

Black Beauty!! Oh My Gosh!! it got huge!! and it's only a second year!! :eek::eek:
didn't think I was gonna get it dug up (yes that is all from one tuba originally)

then there's the 3 baby 'quirrels I've been babysitting since yesterday afternoon
probably put them back up there 8 times last night (with a board)
haven't seen one adult anywheres in 2 days

and a silly daffy'o'dilly just cuz

Had other stuff I wanted to do but kinda pooped out early
but there is always tommorrow (I'll work in the rain if it ain't to hard) ;)

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 343
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 369
  • black.jpg
    black.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 336
  • 'quirrels.jpg
    'quirrels.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 350
  • daf.jpg
    daf.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 349

SandiB

I really like the Iris "run" Wolfie..gave me ideas, thanks ;)

Hope the baby squirrels momma comes back soon!

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wolfie,
Do the babies have their eyes open yet? If you don't see a mom I worry about dehydration. They look really close to being on their own but you might want to keep a real close check on them. I had a tree surgeon friend who always brought me babies to rehab. I actually kept one for 12 years. They do not make good pets though because as they become sexually mature they become very mean.

Kya D

Tracey, about the tree at first glance I thought it was a Giant tarantula but with a closer look it is a nest of baby squirrels. Wolfie posted this back in April so I'm sure that the little ones are grown by now.

Bluewolf

alas they died about three days later..haven't really seen to many squirrels this year but boy the groundhogs are running rampent:rolleyes:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com