Slug Damage?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Blueaussi

Does this look like slug damage to y'all? It's a Red Hot Returns daylily, and this is the second bloom that looks nibbled. I do have a bumper crop of slugs this year.

Nibbled_4746.jpg

Don't know. I have slugs and they have never bothered my daylilies. They love my marigolds with a vengance.

If it is slugs, just get you some shallow containers and put beer in them. You will have lots of dead slugs come morning or drunk birds. LOL I have done this before and it really worked well for me.

I have some Sluggo, an organic slug-icide, but I like to know id the problem rather than treat and hope I'm after the right varmint. I hate slugs, but they do make a tasty snack for the toads, and I would hate to have the toads protesting in front of the house because I stole their dinner!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back