Recipe Snickers Ice Cream Cake

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

S

Sweet Basil

Snickers Ice Cream Cake

Snickers Ice Cream Cake is made by layering ice cream sandwiches with whipped cream, caramel, hot fudge, snickers and salted peanuts. Best Summer Dessert!

A square piece of snickers ice cream cake on a brown dessert plate. There are layers of ice cream, chocolate cake, fudge, caramel and peanuts. There is fudge and whipped cream on top and salted peanuts are sprinkled over the whole thing. A pan of snickers ice cream cake is in the background.

Any Junk Food Addicts Out There?

My friend says that she likes the real crap junk food. We aren’t talking garlic pomme frites, though she’s down for those too. No, it’s more like the entire candy aisle, pop tarts, ice cream and chips.

I LOVE that about her. She’s the classiest soul I’ve ever known, and the trashiest eater at times. Perfect friend for me. This snickers ice cream cake is the perfect trashy dessert. Full of all the things that aren’t good for you, but taste wonderful.

I’ve actually never had an ice cream sandwich cake, but another friend and his wife were on vacation with us months ago and we were talking about how he’s not really into dessert other than snickers ice cream bars or shakes.

I know, we almost stopped being friends immediately.

But then I realized I could totally make an ultimate ice cream cake for him.

And I did. 😍

A square piece of snickers ice cream cake. There are layers of cake, ice cream, hot fudge, caramel sauce, snickers candy bars and whipped cream. The cake is topped with whipped cream, drizzles of hot fudge and caramel sauce and salted peanuts.

Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake

I was in 4th grade and I got invited to a birthday party at Dairy Queen. I had been to Dairy Queen a few times with my dad on special Daddy Daughter Dates, (which ps, can we bring back Dairy Queen, please?!) but this was with all of my friends.

The excitement to order my classic chicken strips with that buttered toast on the side was unreal. Mmmmmm, my favorite thing at DQ.

What I wasn’t expecting was my first experience with a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake. It was glorious!! I still need to create a copycat recipe.

What’s Ingredients for Ice Cream Cake?

This is the easiest summer dessert recipe ever!

A pan of snickers ice cream cake with a piece removed. There are layers of ice cream, cake, fudge, caramel, whipped cream and candy bars. The top is drizzled with hot fudge, caramel topping and salted peanuts.

How to Make a Snickers Ice Cream Cake

Making an ice cream cake recipe takes a few hours as you need to allow for freezing time. I always make mine the morning of or night before so that I’m never rushed.

1. Place the ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a 9×13″ pan. I always have to trim one sandwich a little to get it to fit.
  2. Cover with 3/4 hot fudge sauce. Set in the freezer until hard, about 15 minutes.
  3. Spread whipped cream (or cool whip if you don’t have time) all over the hot fudge and place back in the freezer to set, about 20 minutes.
  4. Sprinkle with snickers bars and top with more ice cream sandwiches.
  5. Pour 3/4 caramel sauce over everything and top with whipped cream. Place in the freezer to set, about 20 minutes.
  6. Sprinkle with additional snickers, the remaining caramel and hot fudge sauce and roasted peanuts.
  7. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours to set.

A jar of melted caramel topping being poured over the top of a snickers ice cream cake. The top of the cake is covered with whipped cream, drizzles of hot fudge, and salted peanuts.

Which Peanuts Should I Buy?

First of all, don’t you dare skip the peanuts. I usually am not one to throw nuts into desserts, but this cake needs that touch of salt.

You can buy roasted salted peanuts, or honey roasted peanuts. Both are a great option.

Hot Fudge Sauce and Caramel Sauce

You can use any brand of hot fudge sauce and caramel sauce for this recipe, but I’ve really been liking the Mrs Richardson’s Brand if I don’t have time to make my own.

A pan of snickers ice cream cake. The top is covered with whipped cream, hot fudge, drizzles of caramel sauce, chopped snickers bars and salted peanuts

How Long Will Ice Cream Cake Last in the Freezer?

Ice cream cake will keep in the freezer for about 7 days, properly wrapped in plastic wrap and foil.

After about a week, ice crystals will begin to form and the flavor will not be as good.

Can Ice Cream Cake Be Kept In The Refrigerator?

Ice cream cake can be kept in the refrigerator for about 2 hours before it begins to melt.

A piece of snickers ice cream cake on a dessert plate. The cake has layers of chocolate cake, ice cream, whipped cream, hot fudge, and caramel sauce. The top is covered with whipped cream, drizzles of hot fudge and caramel sauce, and salted peanuts. Chunks of snickers bars and peanuts are scattered around it.

Is Heavy Cream the Same as Whipping Cream?

Heavy cream and heavy whipping cream are the same thing. They have a slightly different fat content but you can use them interchangeably.

Why Sweeten Whipping Cream With Powdered Sugar Instead Of Granulated Sugar?

You can use granulated sugar to sweeten whipping cream, but the whipped cream tends to be a little grainy and separates more easily when sweetened with granulated sugar.

Powdered sugar contains corn starch which helps to stabilize the whipped cream and make it creamier.

Does Ice Cream Cake Have Cake in it?

A few people have been concerned with this ice cream cake doesn’t have cake in it. Some ice cream cakes have actual cake but this one is an ice cream sandwich cake so it isn’t necessary.

Ice Cream Desserts

A square piece of snickers ice cream cake on a brown dessert plate. There are layers of ice cream, chocolate cake, fudge, caramel and peanuts. There is fudge and whipped cream on top and salted peanuts are sprinkled over the whole thing. A pan of snickers ice cream cake is in the background.

Print

Snickers Ice Cream Cake

Course 500+ Best Dessert Recipes, Creamiest Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Cuisine American
Prep Time 5 minutes
3 hours
Total Time 3 hours 5 minutes
Servings 24
Calories 480kcal
Ingredients

Instructions

• Using a 9x13" pan line 12 ice cream sandwiches on the bottom.
  • Microwave the hot fudge and caramel for 15-20 seconds, stir well to ensure it’s pourable
  • Pour 1/2-3/4 of the hot fudge over the ice cream sandwiches and spread evenly, place in the freezer to harden for about 15-30 minutes.
  • Using a handheld mixer, whip the whipping cream until thick and then add the powdered sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form.
  • Divide the whipped cream in half, and spread one half of the whipped cream over the hot fudge layer, place in freezer to harden again.
  • Chop 12 snickers bars into bite sized pieces. Chop the remaining 6 bars into bite sized pieces and set aside to garnish the cake.
  • Evenly spread the chopped snickers bars over the whipped cream.
  • Layer the other 12 ice cream sandwiches on top of the snickers bars.
  • Cover with 3/4 of the caramel sauce
  • Evenly spread the other half of the whipped cream over top.
  • Sprinkle with the remaining snickers bars.
  • Microwave the caramel and hot fudge again for 15-20 seconds to make them pourable, stir. Drizzle both all over everything.
  • Top with salted peanuts!
  • Freeze for 3-6 hours before serving!
  • Enjoy!
Nutrition

Serving: 1g | Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 476IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 3mg

READ: Snickers Ice Cream Cake

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com