So. Oregon has gardens too!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Just a little FYI for you Scarez.... Don't forget that the site administrator has the ability to edit member profiles. This is so that I can do stuff like remove links to spam sites or remove offensive language etc.

However, if I was to say, *accidentially* edit your profile and change the birthdate in there (purely by mistake of course) you could end up appearing to be old enough that Willard Scott would be telling you Happy Birthday. Or maybe your user ranks mysteriously turns into "Really Old Member"

So, you may want to reconsider telling everyone I've gotten much older. (Yes, I know, I have, and yes I do recall Romper Room, and Captain Kangaroo too, but we don't have to be telling the whole world about it...)

Now I'm not saying I'd actually do anything like that, just something to think about... (Where's that evil grin emoticon?)
Now that needs a really big rolling on the floor laughing smile...you get her Bob...LOL:D

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Bob
I love it, make the old hag really old,like 100+ please....:p:D

Scarez, you have a grandson and I didn't know it??? Maybe she has you confused with Vegemm or whatever her name is on here???? Now she has a handsome grandson.

she is really old....good grife...almost up there with you my friend;) I am the baby you know

Scarez

Just a little FYI for you Scarez.... Don't forget that the site administrator has the ability to edit member profiles.

Now I'm not saying I'd actually do anything like that, just something to think about... (Where's that evil grin emoticon?)

Lord a Mercy!! ROTFLMBO!! Oh Bob, you sly fox. Sassy as ever. :D
Actually, I did try to input the year 1901, but it wouldn't let me.

Thank you for my avatar, you honey pookie snookums you!! She's adorable! I must get my picture on here of the Halloween where I dressed up as a scarecrow. Best looking broad in Oregon!! 'er um, I mean, scarecrow!

Now Bob, you know we all have to ignore Mainegal's evil streak. They let her out of the hospital not all that longgggggggggggg ago, remember? :eek: She's being naughty....again! LOL

Oh shoot, where are my manners? HI GANG, Dora, Janet, Maribeth, Sash, Swindy and Sass, thanks for coming in and saying HI to me!! I'm not saying hi to Flower4Yeshua, she's needs a raspberry, but I can't find that emoticon!!!

Scarez

Hi ya Swindy girl !! So nice to see you too :p

Laurie, you know I luv ya honey pookie ;)

Debe, I'm still waiting for pictures of the new home girl. Did you post 'em in the photo album section I heard we have?? Or are they coming from THE BROWN RETIREMENT HOME? :D

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
THE BROWN RETIREMENT HOME that;s it...I will get them posted ...some day ...you know us old folks...LOL...did post pictures of the greenhouse..in the Greenhouse section my dear

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I knew you both belonged at the Brown Retirement Home a long time ago and really decided that when I met you both in person last summer at Randy's.... sure wish he would come here, I sure miss talking with him like I used to. Got to give them a call

Scarez, how was the pumpkin butter? I'm still waiting to try some...... Still got some of those bubble bags that I sent ya left???

Scarez

Hey Laurie,

those bubble bags are the most awesome thing ever, I have 3/4 of the box left. When my back put me down for the count, there went my time standing at the stove making butters - though, I am trying still. It now takes me a week to get one batch made, whereas, back when dirt was young, I could get a batch done by pulling one all-nighter.

So, the pumpkin butter is at it's half way point now. These pumpkin were from our Randy, and they were just beautiful and the most wonderful gift (besides getting to see Randy and Marcia Faye at MY kitchen table!) I am so privileged that they live in the same state as ME!! (nee ner nee ner) hehehe

And now hubby has brought me a 5-gallon bucket full of apples from one of his employees (with a STRONG suggestion that I get some Apple butter made soon) LOL
Yeah, don't I wish, sheesh, some people's children....lol....(*heavy sigh)

Scarez

THE BROWN RETIREMENT HOME that;s it...I will get them posted ...some day ...you know us old folks...LOL...did post pictures of the greenhouse..in the Greenhouse section my dear

Actually, when I click on Pictures and Albums, it just wants ME to upload some.
So....now that I'm blond, and now that I type slower...lol, where do I look?

Course, you know, I could just DRIVE UP THERE and have a look myself.
2c932.gif

Might be quicker. Ahahahahaa

Just a thought
(*ducks behind computer desk)

K

Kale

Hi Scares ---great to see you ---

For all you moss loving folks here if you want to produce more moss just pull up a patch of it and put it in a blender with buttermilk and blend it up real good . Then take the blender pitcher out to your garden and use a paint brush to paint the mixture on rocks or trees,between stepping stones or wherever you want the moss to grow.
No kidden!
I will indeed try to remember this one Swindy! Very interesting.
Full sun?
I have 2 places where I know I grow moss.
One is in a wheel barrow and the other is a fish tank (terrarium) that stays outdoors.
Can any other plants go into that mix' that you know of or guessing..

BTW ALL of you crazy gardeners... are all too funny...AND NUTZ!
*lol!
ROTFLMBO:)

Thanks..
Kale

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Actually, when I click on Pictures and Albums, it just wants ME to upload some.
So....now that I'm blond, and now that I type slower...lol, where do I look?

Course, you know, I could just DRIVE UP THERE and have a look myself.
2c932.gif

Might be quicker. Ahahahahaa

Just a thought
(*ducks behind computer desk)

so.....why are you not here yet....held dinner for you two different nights...some friend you are...LOL...:cool:

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Hi Scares ---great to see you ---

For all you moss loving folks here if you want to produce more moss just pull up a patch of it and put it in a blender with buttermilk and blend it up real good . Then take the blender pitcher out to your garden and use a paint brush to paint the mixture on rocks or trees,between stepping stones or wherever you want the moss to grow.

:confused:more moss????? No No No...:cool::D

swindy

Kale it only works with Moss, that I know of. Moss grows best in the shade --like on the north side of a tree or rocks. or in your under arms lol

Veg some folks just can't get enough moss

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I have 2 places where I know I grow moss.

I can grow moss pretty much anywhere I want to. The garden, the lawn, my roof, the driveway, on my trees...

Question about the blender idea... How much will the new one I have to buy after my wife says "You did WHAT!?!" end up costing me?

Moss grows best in the shade...

That would be Seattle. ;)

like on the north side of a tree

If moss only grows on the north side of a tree, then I must live at the South Pole!

swindy

I can grow moss pretty much anywhere I want to. The garden, the lawn, my roof, the driveway, on my trees...

Question about the blender idea... How much will the new one I have to buy after my wife says "You did WHAT!?!" end up costing me?
That would be Seattle. ;)

If moss only grows on the north side of a tree, then I must live at the South Pole!

Tell your wife you needed to blend up a little butter milk to drink in the garden while you try to figure out why your trees are spinning around and facing Seattle.:eek:

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
well I must also live in the north pole....and I am not in Washington...
i do wonder though on another side of moss...so I can just scoop it up and top off the potted plants outside and not cause harm?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com