soldier beans

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I always soak my beans, peas, and corn for 24 hours before I plant them. I find that they germinate faster.

I never have done that although I know that it works. I am more concerned with corn though as it is more sensitive to soil temperature. I really was lucky last year with my corn. The weather prophet was promising some warm weather in a few days and I got the seed in the ground just two days ahead of the warm spell. I think every [corn] seed I planted germinated.

Hey, Miss Dorothy, after I went to bed last evening, I thought about that posting that Bob put on about forum sponsors. It might be prudent to check out those sponsors and see if they have those speckled butter beans also.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back