Spots on Jalapenos

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kodeman124

My jalapeno plant is a couple of years old and has always produced small fruit, but yesterday I noticed these light green/yellow spots in a couple of the peppers that has never been there before. The surrounding habanero plants seem normal. Does anyone know what could cause this?
20200808_135245.jpg

Hi Kode!
Since it only happened to a few fruit I wouldn't be too concerned.
You say the plant is a couple of years old...it may be experiencing old age issues. Issue may be with the soil and nutrient levels...and or the regularity of watering to dry cycle....or a combination.
You may need to start new ones and retire the old one.

Last edited:
Hi Kode!
Since it only happened to a few fruit I wouldn't be too concerned.
You say the plant is a couple of years old...it may be experiencing old age issues. Issue may be with the soil and nutrient levels...and or the regularity of watering to dy cycle....or a combination.
You may need to start new ones and retire the old one.
Thank you!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back