Sweet Meat Squash

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

If Deb doesn't have enough seeds I have several sweet and meaty also and when I cut one I will save all the seeds so I can share

I picked my Hubbard squash today and I think that thing weighs at least 25 pounds.

If Deb doesn't have enough seeds I have several sweet and meaty also and when I cut one I will save all the seeds so I can share

Would you share your seeds with me Dawn? I would love to splant some next year. They sound delicious.

You got it Dor
I won't be cutting into them for a while But when I do You will be 1st on my list

I thought I saw more than one kind sir?..

There were some yellow crooknecks, some straightnecks, one acorn squash, and one Hubbard squash. I picked the Hubbard yesterday and wheeled it over behind the house in the wheelbarrow. I weighed it this morning and it weighed 42 pounds.

Attachments

• Hubbard0080a.JPG
    Hubbard0080a.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 304
I would love to try some Debe. Thank you. If you are in the christmas card exchange, you can send them in the card if you would like. Do you still have some of the sweet gold or whatever they were called tomato seeds left? I would love to have some of them too.

Deb
Wanted to bring this up, I think u missed it as you never responded. Would love to have some...hugs thanks

I still have squash in the freezer from last year as I had a big crop of those things then, but they were all less that half of that size. We are having some of last year's squash for dinner tomorrow. That big one is going to the nursing home. They will be able to feed a serving to everyone there with that big one. I took several of the smaller ones in last year and the residents really liked them.

The state and the county fairs are all over until next summer, Deb. Besides, if there was a place to enter into a contest, there would most likely be other entries. When people intend to enter those giant pumpkin contests, they really work at it and only allow the pumpkin they will enter to remain on the vine. All the rest are taken off so all the effort of the vine goes into the one pumpkin remaining. That squash will go to the nursing home and I can't think of a better place to have it used.

I took it in this morning and Jill, the dietician, wants to use it for Thanksgiving. I told her it would keep fine in the cooler. I found another one in the garden too that was hiding in the bean vines. I'll take that one in to them also.

Ok I got all the packs of seeds off yesterday and today...ended up with enough seeds to send out 12 packs..I have two left if anyone wants them...just let me know..Enjoy!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back