Texas Star and Hibiscus

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

I love this texas star it is so dependable and such big blooms. My white hibiscus have really large blooms this year to. I not sure if I'm going to have any blooms on my pink one because Buford accidently mowed the top off with the weed eater. He swung around with the weedeater and took the top buds right off. I could have killed him.

Attachments

• Texas Star 3.jpg
    Texas Star 3.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 341
  • Hibiscus wht 2.jpg
    Hibiscus wht 2.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 368
  • Hibiscus wht 4.jpg
    Hibiscus wht 4.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 292
I love this texas star it is so dependable and such big blooms. My white hibiscus have really large blooms this year to. I not sure if I'm going to have any blooms on my pink one because Buford accidently mowed the top off with the weed eater. He swung around with the weedeater and took the top buds right off. I could have killed him.

Texas Star- In my Florida gardening book they call it a swamp Hybiscus. They grow wild here to about 15 feet. I just transplanted 2 to my yard I now have 6. I just love them.

Last edited:
I have a red Texas Star...Love It! And this year I have my first White Texas star...i grew from seed!!!
DSCN6385.png

They are all beautiful. Thanks for sharigg. I am going to shart my seeds today.

Yes, this was grown from seed. It is at least 5 feet tall right now (2 years old). I have the white one also and when I give it too much water the lower leaves will turn yellow, so I guess they can get too much water. Just so the soil is "moist" they will do fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful Maggie love the white with red center.Don't you just love hubby's with weedeater's or mower's.LOL

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back