Texas Star Hibiscus

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've grown several red Texas Star Hibiscus and really enjoy their pretty blooms but I wanted a white one also. I have it now! It didn't bloom last year but it sure is making a show for me now.:D

Attachments

• Wht Hib.jpg
    Wht Hib.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 323
  • white texas star.jpg
    white texas star.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 339
  • RedTexas_Star.jpg
    RedTexas_Star.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same here, love them wonder if they would grow in Maine? I bet only as annuals tho....

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll save seeds for anyone who wants some. I was looking back thru my trades book to see who sent me the original seeds. It was Allison. I don't think she joined us here but I send much thanks to her for those seeds.

Dor

I have a few of the white ones I bought on ebay and I better sow them before they get too old. Spiderlily's came up so I know they are still good.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Melissa, they're 6-7 inches across. The white ones are a little bigger than my red ones. Dor, none of mine bloomed the first summer I planted them. Good luck with your seeds.

Dor

Thanks Gloria. As soon as this week of rain dries up I am going to sow them.

Mariposa

Gloria,

Will you save me some seeds? I grew one from the seeds you gave me before brought it in the house but it didnt make it through the winter :(

Treva

Beautiful Gloria!
I also have both of those...I LOVE LOVE Love them!
I want to try to cross them and get a pink???
I also have seeds for both red and white if you run out ;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com