The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

It is good to hear from you Natalie. Now I have to take it back that our bluegrassers are gone. LOL When we made that trip back there, MF figured it would be our last one, but in the back of my mind I am thinking of springing a suggestion on her one of these days to go again before we are really too old to travel at all. I know as soon as I say anything though, I can see her face n my mind and she will say, "Really? Are you serious?" I could never joke with her about that.

Aw......how nice, Nat, that you met up with imfamous people ~ I meant famous (I've already gotten one of these daggone awards today (RW) . I'm bucking for #2 for today :) GOOD MORNING AMERICA HAS BREAKING NEWS: "SHE HAS JUST received the latest award! Unclear who awarded it and unclear how she earned it but Prince Henry was spotted in the background near the White House." ~ Curbie :)

Yes, we met Natalie at a place not too far out of Mansfield, Ohio. That's where MF is from and where she still has relatives. Her last aunt (by blood) passed away last year, but there are still a multitude of cousins and two aunts by marriage that might as well be blood relatives. We met two cyber friends while we were there. One of them was on GG and has never popped in here, but we still maintain ties. Her name is Jackie and lives in Elyria, Ohio. Natalie met us at a restaurant and we had some ice cream if I remember right and had a good chance to visit, but not long enough. Natalie is a sweet gal though and it would be fun to get together again.

My aunt lived in Mansfield! MAYbe we're reLATED! When my uncle passed away, my sister and I drove to Mansfield for the funeral. It was St. Patrick's Day so my sister and I decided to go to an Irish pub we had passed, while trying to find the hotel. We went in and ........it was a biker bar, with pigs in the blanket and potato chips for their buffet. SO Irish! ~ Curbie :)

My best buddy was reared in Mansfield and now lives in Columbus,OH.
I miss her everyday and wish we were still within distance of a good cup of coffee and a game of Scrabble.

I like that city and MF has loads of family there. But I have never been there in the winter. I have seen photos though of snow piled up so high you could not see oncoming cars around corners. That would make me run home to Oregon for sure.

LB, I didn't realize that the Montmorency cherries didn't do well there. I remember the sweet cherries did very well at least in the valley. I had a Montmorency tree in the backyard of our previous home and it would be loaded with cherries every year. I had a Bing next to it too and I had to fight the birds on that one to get any cherries.

I didn't know people fought birds......Our neighbor had a rainier cherry tree when I was growing up. I spent most of my time in that tree (instead of going to piano lessons). We had 2 sour cherry trees in our yard which was also good for climbing (and eating...and avoiding piano lessons:) ) I've never heard of this type of cherry: Montmorency~ Curbie

For years I thought it was the only pie cherry available, but my horizons have expanded. I think the one I had started out to be one of those expensive multi-variety trees and the only one that survived was the Montmorency. The tree I presently have was a multi-variety also, but all four varieties were sweet cherries. There are only two varieties that survived though, the Lambert and Bing. I doubt I will ever buy another multi-variety tree though as both efforts turned out badly.

I have made major breaktrhough and I'm proud of it :) He is beginning to plan ahead......I'm not going to mention whom 'he' is. We're going to leave at 5 AM and HE is going to pack the car tonight....this is a first! :) ~ Curbster

I have made major breaktrhough and I'm proud of it :) He is beginning to plan ahead......I'm not going to mention whom 'he' is. We're going to leave at 5 AM and HE is going to pack the car tonight....this is a first! :) ~ Curbster

Oh I am so excited for you! HE can change ;) Good luck , have a safe trip. We will miss you until you return

Have a great trip curbie and we will talk to you when you get back. You will be missed my friend.

Thank you all ~ We're home, safe and sound. And I did miss y'all. It was an interesting trip. We 'left' people and met great people so ..... it was a good experience....less, and then more. Thank you guys. :) ~ Curbster And I did miss y'all!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back