The Bluegrass Bunch

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I want to say cereus...I think you said it was a night bloomer...I can't remember for sure...brain damage or old age....LOL
Peggy

Morning ladies and Gent(s) a short message just to say a big G'day to you all. Peggy hope you get over your pneumonia ok I've had it 3 times so I know what you're going through, stay well kiddo.:)
Shiney I'm just fine, too much happening here at the moment and this old boy is getting a bit tired lol. Good to hear you've been up to mischief with the ''girls''...those cabana boys don't stand a chance with you lol.;)
Randy good to see you're keeping out of bars and off the streets lol, as Shiney said keeping society safe is very noble of you indeed.:D
Crabber I reckon you could teach Shiney a thing or two about getting into mischief:D
Will be back later on......stay warm and well everyone:)

Just a quickie to say hello! I see everyone is full of beans as usual ... I've had my daily laugh.
Peggy ... hope you're better soon. I know you don't like to be held down for anything.

Take care all ...

I cooked dinner for the family this evening. Maybe it's a mistake to watch those cooking shows while I'm on the treadmill, but they sure do give people lots of ideas. I used a recipe today from one of the shows and I hardly changed a thing in it. It is called 'maple glazed pork chops'. You brown the chops in olive oil, then make up a sauce using maple syrup, ginger, Dijon mustard, and garlic. Then you simmer the chops in that. They turned out pretty tasty.

Happy Valentines Day everyone....I got a dozen of red roses and I won't say what else...temptous stuff...

I am still not well but I sure am better today than I was...still sound and look like hell...

Some of the ladies that stayed here during the ice storm came and cleaned my house for me this morning and a couple brought me chicken noodle soup the day before yesterday...tasted real good...and nothing tastes right and I still can't smell a thing...

Shiney the Night Blooming Cereus is looking really good....can't hardly wait til it does bloom... I sure like it...

Dale, Nat & John good to see you all and appreciate the get well....John you definitely know what i am going thru then...three times....sounds like me...Nat I sure don't like being laid up but I am. John I love all the pics you posted...beautiful!

Watched UK basketball today...they are 3rd in the SEC East Conference so far..we play Vanderbilt the TN again next... Hope we get to go to NCAA again..

Laurie don't forget Datona 500 is tomorrow...been waiting all winter for it...love racing...

Randy I'm sure the family appreciates you watching the food channels so you get new recipes to cook for them... I have fixed mapel glazed pork chops numerous times... cliff prefers fried pork chops so i don't fix them much anymore...the kids always liked them...that is a recipe my mom fixed for us growing up...
I hardly ever watch food channels...ever once in a while i catch Rachael Ray..

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend...
Peggy

I like to watch Rachael Ray too when I can. We don't do fried foods here very often, but we keep hearing about how good olive oil is for us. So that recipe called for browning the pork chops in olive oil and that made it all right. But yes, the family does appreciate the different food items that I have introduced. I am still trying to get more fish into the family diet too though and I pulled off a couple of fish recipes that are promising.

Randy not as tasty but I do fry his pork chops in olive oil...use it a lot...buy it in large quanity at Sams Club... He likes them chops fried and he is the master of this home... I just do the cooking...and it sure doesn't make gravey taste the same either...nothing really good tasting...taste good...all too fattening...
I don't use a treadmill but want one...do walk...and even run...but I use a bowflex about three times a week..and weights and bench a couple times a week...just not this week...

Peggy

Peggy glad you are on your way to getting better. Bet those roses you got were beautuful. We went out to the VFW for dinner on Friday night and the waitress gave all the lady patrons a long stem rose with greenery. That was the only flower I got for Valentines'.

I splurge about twice a year on unhealthy eating and really blow it. But I have company. Next month I will be having our Saturday breakfast bunch over for breakfast and I will make sourdough biscuits and sausage gravy along with a baked egg dish that will be enough to feed everybody. One of the ladies will have Cream of Wheat though. She's the only sensible one among us on that day. There will be about 14 or 15 people here for breakfast that day.

Kind of quiet in here today. I had a good day outside working on the chicken pen. I'm kind of sore, but I got a lot done. There is still lots to do though. It was still pretty chilly, but there wasn't any rain, at least.

I can't wait to get out in the yard...but it's just too wet and chilly to do much yet. The windstorm last week brought a lot of limbs/twigs down yet again and my little wishing well blew over and rolled halfway across the yard...right into my little picket fence. I notices "things" coming up in others' flower beds, so Spring must be gunna come again!!

I am so looking forward to getting out in the yard...as soon as I am better...Shiney our yard has so many limbs that it isn't funny...well the veggie garden is gonna get burnt off this year... When I was a kid that was the first indication to me warm weather would be around the corner...we burnt the plant bed where we sowed the tobacco seed....any way were gonna burn our garden bed.... I am doing one raised bed to the end of the grape arbor...want to start me an asparagus bed... I love asparagus and cliff does also...
It is 27° @ 8:01..supposed to get up to 50 today and 55 tomorrow...the sun is a shining brightly this am...that is always a good thing to me...

Glad ya got a good days work in on the chicken pen...

Peggy

Hi, everybody! It's so nice to hear that some people are able to get out there and enjoy their garden areas. :) I'm still under snow with more coming in tomorrow. Roll on spring. I just can't wait.

I believe spring is here. It is warm for the most part now and it has started to rain again. I'll try to push this weather up north to ya'all.

It has warmed up a little bit here today (49 degrees). That is more what the average temperature is for this time of year. But I have seen snow clear through March too.

Well, we got a bit of a tease...was that you Lyn???? But 60's have gone back to 40's and we are expecting another snow Saturday. Oh well...I tell myself the moisture is good for the Earth...right?

We are going to be in the 80's this afternoon. I've been pushing. Glad you got a little of it. We have fog again this morning glad I don't have to go across town today. At least it is wet.

lynn those 80's sound great...now that is getting toward weather I love but we won't be getting there for a while...its 53 here with scattered showers presently then calling for more rain and flurries off and on for the next week...so no work in the yard for me for a lil while...
Peggy

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back