Recipe The Gooest Rice Krispie Treats

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

S

Sweet Basil

The Gooest Rice Krispie Treats

sIt’s the perfect no bake dessert for families! Melted marshmallow butter mixture for crispy rice treats; The gooest Rice krispie treats deliciousness! Best Ratio of Marshmallow to Cereal!

But, it’s not ANY crispy rice treat, this one has TWO SECRETS!

soft-and-gooey-fluffy-rice-krispie-treats-recipe-8.jpg

However, I’ve got a little issue over here.

What do you categorize this kid friendly dessert recipe as? Is it a bar? Do I put it under cookies even though it totally isn’t?

Oh and let’s talk spelling! In texting with friends and family I’m learning that everyone spells it differently.

Is it, Crispy Treat or Krispie Treat? And what about those, Rice Krispies Treats people?

In my house we say, Rice Krispie Treats and we want them big, fluffy and extra gooey.

That means we go for the ultimate marshmallow dessert recipe.

Rice Krispie Treats

You only need 5 simple ingredients for these no-bake treats.

To make rice krispie treats:

1. Unsalted Butter: Ahhh, our favorite ingredient in all the world. The base of a perfect rice krispie treats is butter!
  2. Mini Marshmallows: These krispie treats are extra marshmallow-y so you’ll need marshmallows for the mix and extra to mix in at the end.
  3. Vanilla Extract: My friend Kerri adds vanilla and it’s life-changing.
  4. Sea Salt: Like vanilla extract, salt is a super convenient ingredient and you don’t need much of it, but to skip it is a mistake. Another mistake? Using table salt. Go for the fine grain sea salt.
  5. Rice Krispies Cereal: You can’t have crispy treat without rice krispies cereal!

oft-and-gooey-fluffy-rice-krispie-treats-recipe-10.jpg

How to make rice krispie treats

*Oh Sweet Basil Pro Tip!*

Get everything ready ahead of time so that you can quickly move through the recipe without scorching anything.

1. Melt the butter and marshmallows in a big pot on the stove, (I use my Le Creuset, but a Lodge works as well) stirring occasionally.
  2. Remove from heat and gently stir in the remaining ingredients, minus the extra mallows.
  3. Now quickly add those extra minis and stir while it’s still warm so that everything turns extra gooey!
  4. Up to you, but I like an extra bit of flaked sea salt on top of each square.
Best Ratio of Marshmallow to Cereal

I think we’ve made ever recipe out there but the reason this is the BEST RICE KRISPIE TREATS RECIPE is because of the ratio of marshmallow to cereal.

We use 6 Cups Rice Krispie Treats Cereal and 8 Cups Marshmallows plus an extra 2 cups to stir in. That extra 2 cups Is the best!

Trust me, The Original Rice Krispie Treats Recipe on the box will seem so boring and dry to you now.

What Makes Rice Krispie Treats Hard?

Ughhhh I bit into a treat the other day and was soooo disappointed!

So, let’s chat, here’s how to prevent krispie treats from getting hard:

• When the butter and marshmallows get too hot, it results in hard treats. To avoid this, stand with the pot as you stir.
  • NEVER pack the marshmallow rice treats into the pan. I know you want to! I do too! But don’t. 🙂

soft-and-gooey-fluffy-rice-krispie-treats-recipe-2.jpg

How Long Will Rice Krispie Treats Keep?

When stored properly, they will stay fresh for 3 days.

Why Do My Rice Krispie Treats Stick To The Pan?

You pan will need to be sprayed well with non stick spray in order to keep the rice krispie treats from sticking.

The Secret on How to Press into the Pan

The trick to pressing them in your pan without sticking to your hands is to run your fingers in water, shake off the excess, and press. Voila. No sticking!

Do Rice Krispie treats need to be refrigerated?

Oh heavens no! These dessert squares totally do not need to be refrigerated and in fact, refrigeration will dry them out more.

soft-and-gooey-fluffy-rice-krispie-treats-recipe-4.jpg

Can I use other cereal to make rice krispies treats?

Yes! Please experiment with other cereals like:

• Coco Pebbles
  • Fruity Pebbles
  • Coco Puffs
  • CinnaBuns
  • Fruit Loops
  • Cheerios
  • Cinnamon Chex
  • Peanut Butter Cheerios
  • Reese’s Puffs
Can you freeze Rice Krispies Treats?

Rice Krispies do not do very well frozen. Unfortunately the marshmallow just never comes back as perfectly as before.

The BIGGEST Tip For Rice Krispies

Use fresh marshmallows. Seriously, they make a difference. Don’t grab that bag that’s been in your pantry for months and months thinking it will be okay since you are melting them. It won’t be okay.

soft-and-gooey-fluffy-rice-krispie-treats-recipe-6.jpg

How to Store Rice Krispie Treats

Because of the marshmallow these should be wrapped tightly for storage.

Rice Krispie Treat Variations

-gooey-fluffy-rice-krispie-treats-recipe-8-500x500.jpg

Print

Rice Krispie Treats

Course 500+ Best Dessert Recipes
Cuisine American
Prep Time 10 minutes
Servings 8
Calories 318kcal
Ingredients

• 5 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 8 Cups Mini marshmallows plus an extra 2 cups
  • 6 Cups Cereal Rice Krispie
  • 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt fine grain
Instructions

• Spray a 9×9 inch pan with non-stick spray and line it with a foil or parchment paper sling. Spray again.
  • In a very large microwave safe bowl, place your butter, salt, and 8 cups of mini marshmallows. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until everything is completely melted and smooth. add vanilla and stir again.
  • Pour in the rice krispie cereal and mix well. Add in the remaining marshmallows while still warm and lightly press into your prepared pan. (using a spoon with a little butter on it will help you accomplish this without it sticking all over your hands.)
Nutrition

Serving: 1g | Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 428mg | Potassium: 170mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 969IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 8mg

Rice-Krispie-Treat-ohsweetbasil.com_.jpg

READ: The Gooest Rice Krispie Treats

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com