The most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Bernie

My Sister sent me this recipe and I can't wait to try it. I don't have cocoa in the house. Bahumbug.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour 4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa 1 egg
3 tablespoons milk 3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional) A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well...
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
The most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

latebloomer

Do you have chocolate chips?
Just melt the chocolate chips and eliminate a Tablespoon of oil! It will be a bit lighter but hey!, its chocolate cake!!!

sunflower3

I got this in my email yesterday from my mother-in-law, will make it this week when everyone is at school and work then I can enjoy it by myself. Shhhhh, it's a secret cake at my house...LOL.....

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is a good recipe, some folks call in Cake in a Mug. I always keep cocoa as a staple for baking. I bake a lot of chocolate desserts.

sfishergirl

we make these all of the time I will post our recipe which includes frosting as soon as I find the recipe box they make great christmas gifts too

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
OH MY GOODNESS...thi sis not good information for me...I just sent hubby to get the cocoa down for me ...I am off to try this out...thanks I think ...LOL..;) for posting this...

swindy

Wharyatryintado Kill us !!!! a 5 minute choclate cake !!! I should be 250lbs in a week an a half. I am going to try it tonight I have Godiva Cocoa but I don't know if my Micro is 1000 or 750 watts. I gusee it will just take a little more time---maybe 7 minutes. I am off to try it out.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried it, put it on for 3 minutes then took my cake tester to it and it came out clean so took it out. emptied the cake onto a plate, it's wasn't quite done, it's thick like pound cake
swindy or anyone else, have you tried it? what did you think?

swindy

Well I am back with th cake in my hand waiting for it to cool just alittle bit lol You better have a really big mug as I made it in a mug that I use only for soup and it raised to the top of that. My Micro is small so I tried it first at 3 min. then put it back in for another 2 min and thaen another 2 min. I did put the chocolate chips in it. Ok here goes -- the first bite-- Boy is this yummy-- a little tuff but that might be because I had to put it back in a couple of times and I don't think it is really cooked all the way --- but I am still eating it--- and it looks so pretty on the plate. I put a chocolate iceing on it right when I turned it out on the plate and the chocolate melted down the sides of the cake and puddled a bit on the plate. this is okay with me. I am going to have to try it in a full power microwave oven .

swindy

Are you still eating it Laurie? I am. Laurie I wonder if you put a little less oil in it would it come out lighter

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Worked just like it should of here...hubbywas thrilled...I made two and sent one to work with him ...way to sweet for me though...for this I am thankful...LOL

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't have cocoa either but was wanting to get some to make fudge. Now I really have a reson to get some

sfishergirl

I unearthed the recipe box here is the recipe we use FYI only lol

18 1/2 oz cake mix
3.9 oz instant pudding

mix these 2 together then put 1/2 cup in a baggie label cake mix

1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon hot cocoa mix
1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder (we use vanilla pudding)

mix into a baggie label frosting

Tie both baggies off with ribbon and put into a 20 oz mug with the following instructions

Put cake mix in mug with 1 egg white, 1 Tablespoon oil, 1 Tablespoon water mix well microwave for 2 mins

mix frosting mix in bowl with 1 1/2 teaspoon water

Frost cake when cooked and enjoy

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com