The work has begun....

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

sunflower3

Hubby tilled part of the lawn we are redoing, then we started picking rocks and weeds, then the dumpster came with top soil for us to put on the spot. that's me on the dirt pile, my DD calls me Queen of the Dirt...

Attachments

• tilling2.jpg
    tilling2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 340
  • tilling4.jpg
    tilling4.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 339
  • tilling5.jpg
    tilling5.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 344
  • tilling6.jpg
    tilling6.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 358

Kya D

Queen of the dirt
Things are really looking up. It looks like a lot of work but things seem to be really taking shape.
GOOD JOB!

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everyone here likes to play in the dirt. Can we come over??? Lots of good luck to you with your new endeavor!

myfedora

That's a big pile of dirt! Would help ya but you know with my shoulder and all,,,,,,, Good luck and have fun!

sunflower3

Thanks everyone, hubby bought one of those 2 wheel-wheelbarrows and new shovel for this job. I love the dirt, hubby calls me dirt digger. I think I know how I want my planters and herb garden to be, so hopefully it will all work out. OH the extra wheelbarrow and shovel are for guests so come on over and play.... LOL. : )

swindy

I'll be up in the morning. The weather is going to be beautiful these next few days so you should have a grand time playing in the dirt. I really wish I was closer as I would come over.

R

RiverRock

Thats wonderful Karen! Even though it is a lot of work if you are anything like me, you love the yard work and making things come alive like you want them and shaping the yard as you desire. God bless your adventure:)

RR

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Karen,
Are up for hire? When you finsh that we could just pass you around. You could make the Great Garden Forums Tour of '09

Bernie

Ha Ha I knew he'd till.

It's wonderful to see your cheerful face.

I love to play in the dirt but my days of big piles like that have come and gone. I hope it will all work out great for you.

sunflower3

Crabbergirl an, An 09 tour would be lovely. But I don't think my hubby would let me, he likes me close by at all times and makes sure I have lots of dirt of my own to play with (as you see in the photos), that way I don't wonder out of our yard to far. LOL

Bernie, men will always be men when it comes to being able to use some sort of large tool to do the work, it's just a guy thing. I have to smile at all that dirt I keep wondering why we got so much,LOL

sunflower3

Well after some back breaking shoveling and racking we got the topsoil all spread out, the seed is down and hay on top, and watered. Hubby got one raised box put together yesterday and I started lasagna gardening in it and will finish it this week, this one is for some veggies.I'll post more pic's tomorrow.

Bernie

Sounds like you should take a day or two to rest up. I've done that job before so I know how exhausting it is. Take care of yourself.

sunflower3

Bernie if I had time to rest it would be great. But between the yard, my green house business and the house and family i go like sixty and rest at night like a log.

sunflower3

the grass is growing and my new boxes are full of lasagna, vegs and lilies, and I even got some herbs transplanted..

Attachments

• tn_DSCF1120.JPG
    tn_DSCF1120.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 324
  • tn_DSCF1121.JPG
    tn_DSCF1121.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

sunflower3

my fedora, I went to the chripractor today and got my back relined, and it feels great, he said even my diaphram was out of wack. so I will take it easy for a few days and get back at it on monday.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com