Tilapia Fettuccine

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
2 cups of grilled shredded tilapia filets
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups milk
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 lb fettuccine noodles
1/2 to 1 medium chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pan, mix olive oil, milk, fish, bacon bits, and parmesan cheese. Let it sit Cook noodles in salt water until done (about 7 m inutes). Drain. Place noodles in fish mixture and mix well. Bake in 350 degree oven with pan covered with foil to preserve moisture. Bake until warmed through. The ingredients are already cooked.

I have made this recipe with tilapia, with salmon, and with diced chicken. They all turned out well. This recipe bears little resemblance to the one I saw demonstrated on TV. On TV, they called for 2 sticks of softened butter. I substituted the olive oil. They called for 1 cup of fish. I boosted it to 2 cups. They called for 2 cups of heavy whipping cream. I substituted milk (2%). They called for no garlic. I couldn't leave it out. If you like a little crunch to the noodles, you can leave the foil off when you bake it. I have also made it with other types of pasta. With up to 7 people to sit down for dinner, we have never had any leftovers.

Last edited:

Maggie

Sounds wonderful Randy and thanks for posting the recipe. Since there is only Buford and me I think I'll halve everything and bake in a smaller dish.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I'll try it too, sounds very good. I'm always interested in new recipes for fish.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
That will work, Maggie. What really surprised me about that dish was that the grandkids not only accepted it, but asked for it again. When Arianna was heading back to school, I gave her a chance to tell me what she wanted and that dish was the one she wanted. I was worried that the kids would rebel because it was a fish dish, but that didn't happen.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com