Tomato Favs

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

If my ground ever thaws, I will plant Mortgage Lifters again this year. I didn't get a lot of tomatoes last year but the Lifters I did get were fantastic.
My doctor recommends Amish Paste for sauces.

I planted 20 different tomatoes and peppers today. I bought some great looking plants from Cornelious Nursery here. I planted Cherokee Purple, Yellow Pear, Mr Stripey, Romas, A salsa tomato(cnt remember the name), Tigerella, Box car Willie(also ordered seeds), Rudgers Select, Black prince, Green Zebra.

I have Chocolate cherry, Black cherry, Bi-color Stuffer toms, Mr Stripey, Heinz, Czech's bush, giant Belgium, Black Krim, Mortgage Lifter, Green Zebra, early girl, jelly bean, Isis candy, yellow pear, and Black Krim in flats. All are growing in peat pellets. I had 100% gemination on my first flat planted 3/11/11.

I do have extra seeds of some of them I can share if anyone would like some.

I have Celebrity, more romas, early girl, big boy, beefsteak I bought from Walmart 4 for $1.68 in the little 4 packs. I have to get some cinder blocks in the next week or so and make a couple more beds for all these tomatoes. I am looking for champion toms so far no luck. I am suprised HD didn't have them in the Bonnie veggies. I may have to let that one go this year. I know I went overboard but I would like to share as well as sell a few of the plants I started from seeds. If I have a large harvest I will sell some of the tomatoes and cucumbers also.

Dor
I would love to have a couple of your different seeds to try different tomatoes. Let me know what I owe you or is there something that you are looking for that I might have

Dor
I would love to have a couple of your different seeds to try different tomatoes. Let me know what I owe you or is there something that you are looking for that I might have

Hi Laurie, pm me your addy and I will get the seeds to you this week. I have Box car Willie, Mortgage Lifter, Black pear, chocolate and black cherry I can send you. I will check my basket statch of seeds today and see if I have 5 or more seeds of the ones I had 100% germination.

I always get stuck with Better Boy for some reason. Whenever I go to walmart and pick up a tomato plant it is always Better Boy, maybe they just look the best!

I also have Goliath this year and I successfully grew about 10 from seed! So I have about 22 tomato plants. Enough for canning!!!!

Hi Laurie, pm me your addy and I will get the seeds to you this week. I have Box car Willie, Motgage Lifter, Black pear, chocolate and black cherry I can send you. I will check my basket statch of seeds today and see if I have 5 or more seeds of the ones I had 100% germination.

Dor
I got the seeds, THANK YOU very much for them. i can't wait to try them, some I have never heard of. Will have to research them and see what they all look like. Can't wait to taste them. Thanks again

The Estler Mortgage Lifter developed at Barboursville, W.Va in 1922 preceded the Radiator Charlie one by 9 or 10 yrs. Many people feel it is superior. A very good, very big pink.....it is still grown by the mans son who is 90 yrs young. I highly recommend it.

Dor
I got the seeds, THANK YOU very much for them. i can't wait to try them, some I have never heard of. Will have to research them and see what they all look like. Can't wait to taste them. Thanks again

You are welcome Laurie. I hope they all do well for you. I went out of town and just saw your post. Did I put Jelly Bean in your envie? If not I will send them on. I just found them last night in the side of the sofa where I was sitting when I packaged them.

The Estler Mortgage Lifter developed at Barboursville, W.Va in 1922 preceded the Radiator Charlie one by 9 or 10 yrs. Many people feel it is superior. A very good, very big pink.....it is still grown by the mans son who is 90 yrs young. I highly recommend it.

I have to remember and get some of the Estler's. I have some Radiator Charlie I just bought and some that just say Mortgage Lifter.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back