Trillium

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

I have some purple trillium corms that I want to plant in the shade garden, how deep do I plant them and how far apart, I would like to start planting more shade loving wild plants there but I will wait to see how the trillium do. before any one ask, I did not dig these up out in the wild they were sent to me by a friend in Tenn.out of her yard, I've never seen purple one up here in New England.
Thanks for any help you guys can give me

Plant 3-4 inches deep.
Before you do that you should ammend the soil with lots, and lots of organic matter!
I'd use peat moss as well as composted leaves and well aged manure (cow it best)!
The area should be free draining and higher then the surrounding area! Tamp down the area and level it! Water the area well! Wait a day, or so for for the soil to settle.....then plant the tubers! The area should be bright with some sun in the morning and shade from the hot afternoon sun and early evening!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back