Tulip/Magnolia Trees

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

My tulip tree is in full bloom.

Attachments

• Tulip Tree 2.jpg
    Tulip Tree 2.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 304
  • Tulip Tree bloom 2.jpg
    Tulip Tree bloom 2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 293

Kya D

Holy Cow Maggie no matter what it is called it is super darling. It bloomed for easter how cool

Last edited:

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
yes they are magnolia trees ...but around here we also call them tulip trees...
very pretty maggie...I had a white one also Randy at the big old house...not here though..
love that purple though

Dor

I have seeds for it but have never grown it because of it's mature size.

Jade

There are so many beautiful magnolias out there these days. One of my favorites is the Royal Star, it is often one of the earliest blooming trees around. I like it because it is small and white and you can prune it into a tree form or keep it more shrub-like.
There is a tree called a Tulip tree which is actually a Liriodendron or commonly a Tulip Poplar.

Spider_Lily

Love the color of your tree Maggie.All the magnolia's have bloomed out here.All shedded and full of leave's.I took cutting's from a friend's tree hope they root for me.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love you magnolia Maggie!
That is one thing I really miss since moving here!
In city I had a pink one called 'Ricki' that I planted in the middle of the front garden!
It was amazing when in bloom!
With the soil conditions and yearly summer draught here on the lake, it will be a challenge to try to grow one! Though, I might just give it a try!
Jade
My favorite one is the Royal Star (Stella) too, a white one with waterlily type blooms!

Jade

I got my Royal Star that we had in Goderich at the Royal Botanical Gardens Ron. That was right in the same neck of the woods as you used to be in right?

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got my Royal Star that we had in Goderich at the Royal Botanical Gardens Ron. That was right in the same neck of the woods as you used to be in right?

Yup!
It was!
Loved their annual plant sales!
With all this talk about magnolias I'll be out looking for one in a few weeks!:)

Maggie

Well I know now that its a magnolia tree. Thanks guys. We have the tulip poplar tree around here that grow wild and they have the biggest and prettiest yellow blooms on them. I got one from the woods last year (our woods are full of them) and it is are really growing. The trees in the woods are huge and the saplings are growing everywhere. There is one house not to far from me that has a long driveway lined with them and when they all are in bloom it is just spectacular.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com