Two Random Plant ID's needed please

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Stone_Family3

Any one know what this plant is?

I'm in Zone five, it is a vine and popped up.
th_DSCN0646.png
th_DSCN0647.png
th_DSCN0648.png
th_DSCN0649.png

Okay now this plant is kind of bushy and is growing next to a garage.
th_DSCN0650.png
th_DSCN0651.png
th_DSCN0652.png

Stone_Family3

thanks the first one appears to be bitter nightshade. I will have to find some way to remove it is in a pile of brush. I did tell my daughter they were yucky berries and not to touch them. So far she has listened. Even on the computer she pointed to them and said "yucky berries."

The bottom one does sort of look like thistle I'll just have to keep an eye on it and see.

Thanks

Stone_Family3

My DH said that his older brother by about 12 years got ahold of some bitter nightshade and ate it when he was a toddler and they had to take him to the hospital, he was fine. DH suspected it was nightshade but wanted me to find out for sure.

It does amaze me. I will probably get out there tomorrow during nap time and try to cut it down the best I can so that way it won't be in arms reach. Luckily we don't go behind the garage much so it is pretty much out of reach.

sfishergirl

It without a doubt looks like nightshade. The way your weeds have been going lately I would do some searcing on the belladonna family. I would think at sometime in your property's history someone who knew how to use the older herbs lived there. Your weeds sound like my grandparents garden. I spent alot of time learning what they had to teach and thanks to them and my little bee catcher flowers(jewel weed) I have never had a reaction to poison ivy

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com