Very mad, wet Raccoon.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

kinnika

Now this is first for us. We have had something breaking down our Bird Feeders at night and suspected it might be a raccoon as the neighbour said he had seen one in the neighbourhood. Anyway we got a live trap from the Fish & Wildlife and this morning we had a very mad wet muddy Raccoon in the trap. I have never seen one before so it was quite neat to see. Anyway Hubby took him for a nice long ride out to the country down by the river. I am hoping that he/she is the only one in the neighbourhood but I guess we will see.

Racoons usually travel in groups. Here's 3 that had been hanging out on my roof recently. From the look of the photos, apparently they were cleaning my gutter. (My wife thinks they were, uh, well, making more racoons...)

BH1_5444.jpg

BH1_5445.jpg

BH1_5449.jpg

BH1_5450.jpg

They had been up there several nights in a row, and were quite noisy. Fortunately, after we went out and shined flashlights on them and took a few flash photos, they decided that maybe my roof wasn't the nice quiet place to hang out they thought it was, and haven't been back since.

Oh Bob they look so cute not at all like my dirty little guy. I sure hope you are wrong about the number of them but I guess we will have to see. This morning there was nothing in the trap and no damage to the feeders so I hope it was a loner.

I've been lucky this year, no racoons in my yard, last year I had a family of them using my back yard as a short cut to the wet lands, I fix the fence so they can't get under it, I hope this does the trick and keeps them out

We don't have raccoons around here. They are so cute AND so destructive
Bob those are some really cool pics.

We have lots of coons here. My dad traps them and moves them on as they get into my mom's bird feeders, grape jelly

We have some here, but we are bothered mostly by skunks. We have a creek running through the pasture and there is a lot of cover for them along the creek.

I'm only a block from the wet lands and there are lot of them down there, we have seen red fox and deer,skunks and lots of turtles I don't know how they make it being only 4 miles from down town

It's surprising how well they can adapt to encroachment. We are well out into the country though.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back