Vitamins for your Plants

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

G

Greenthumbs

Are we allowed to post links on this site? Well if you Folks haven't tried this product, you're really missing the Boat. This is some Amazing Stuff. I highly recommend it!!!!

http://www.superthrive.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Blueaussi

It's actually more of a hoax than good for plants. The plants can't use the vitamins that are in it, and the growth is mostly stretching from the plant hormone auxin.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
If a product sounds to good to be true, it usually isn't!
The link is a cheesy website gave me the first hint!
A lot of people are on the look out for quick fixes, there are none!

Adding links is alright as long as it isn't for personal profit!
Informational links are ok!

bob

Administrator
Staff member
As Ron mentions, posting links is OK as long as it's not spamming the place. Since you've posted several other comments, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume your intentions were good.

Also, as Ron says, beware of the "too good to be true" products. They almost always are.

I'd also suggest that you be careful with using products for things they're not designed for. There's a whole group of gardeners out there who like to use household products for gardening in ways they weren't intended. Uusally they're not as effective, and often they have side effects you're not aware of.

In some cases it's fine, for example using beer to attract and drown slugs does work, and since your intent is to get rid of the slugs, rather than eat them, there's no worry about side effects.

But in many cases, "tried and true" products are "tried and true" for a reason, because they work!

G

Greenthumbs

Are you guys Serious?????????? Ignorant perhaps...close minded? You have got to be kidding my right? Have you ever used This product as I have? Holy heck, I can;t believe what I am reading here. Here I was just being nice and friendly and letting you in on a Super product that I use and have tremendous success and you Idiots disregard it. You're no Gardeners!! Seems you are also Profesors and not students. I will never claim to know it all, hence a professor. And once I do and I kill my ability to learn and be open minded. I don't know what I would do. I am really offended by you idiots that are clueless. What on Earth??????? This is a tried and true product people....You guys have my soooo soooo, I dont even know the word.

G

Greenthumbs

It's actually more of a hoax than good for plants. The plants can't use the vitamins that are in it, and the growth is mostly stretching from the plant hormone auxin.

You're a Hoax!!!!!!!!

G

Greenthumbs

Go use your miracle grow idiots!!!....leme Guess...you think compost tea is a hoax uh?

G

Greenthumbs

See any stretching here?
Picture_242.jpg

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Are you guys Serious?????????? Ignorant perhaps...close minded? You have got to be kidding my right? Have you ever used This product as I have? Holy heck, I can;t believe what I am reading here. Here I was just being nice and friendly and letting you in on a Super product that I use and have tremendous success and you Idiots disregard it. You're no Gardeners!! Seems you are also Profesors and not students. I will never claim to know it all, hence a professor. And once I do and I kill my ability to learn and be open minded. I don't know what I would do. I am really offended by you idiots that are clueless. What on Earth??????? This is a tried and true product people....You guys have my soooo soooo, I dont even know the word.

Well hey, I hope you enjoyed your short stay here, don't bother coming back...

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Ron, I chose to leave the thead so that folks could see why he was banned. He seems like a decent enough guy, and had posted some good stuff, so I was rather dissapointed he turned around and did this junk.

He seemed to be rather defensive of the product, so I'm guessing he was a shill for them. When somebody signs up and then quickly starts promoting some miracle product, it's usually not just a satisfied customer.

swindy

I have used super thrive and the stuff is really good. I didn't know that was what he is was promoting. Debe sent me some a couple of years ago and I still have a bit left for this season. I can't get it here. You only use a drop per gallon of water but you have to feed your plants as usual. I think the stuff is great. It is very high in vitamin B , you can smell it when you open the bottle. The company has been making it since 1940. It contains Vitamin B1 and 1 Naphthyl acetic acid. It says it is used by the US dept of Agiculture, Army, Navy Air Force, Forest Service and National Parks.

Last edited:

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I have used super thrive and the stuff is really good. I didn't know that was what he is was promoting. Debe sent me some a couple of years ago and I still have a bit left for this season. I can't get it here. You only use a drop per gallon of water but you have to feed your plants as usual. I think the stuff is great. It is very high in vitamin B , you can smell it when you open the bottle. The company has been making it since 1940. It contains Vitamin B1 and 1 Naphthyl acetic acid. It says it is used by the US dept of Agiculture, Army, Navy Air Force, Forest Service and National Parks.

Too bad Greenthumb didn't choose to explain it like that, instead of calling everyone who didn't agree with him clueless idiots... He'd wouldn't have been banned if he'd used your approach.

tonya

here here thanx bob, maybe mr greenthumbs had a nip or two of his own product thereby fertilizing his temper...how rude!!!!please keep the thread i can't speak for others but i know there is a lot about plant propagation that i need to learn and hope to find useful info here...thank you guys!

SandiB

My boss uses the super thrive at the lawn & garden store I work seasonal at .He gets great results, the flowers/plants are always healthy & beautiful...he says its "his secret" ;)
I bought some last yr & misplaced it packing up summer..hope it re-appears! I do that MIS-placing alot anymore....:confused:

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm glad you reinstated this thread Bob. It's a good example that people do not always agree on everything and have the right to voice their opinions. It is not however proper to resort in name calling if one does not see things the same as others. This could have resulted in a good conversation if Greenthumbs had not been so rude! He could have easily made a come back with something like...don't knock it till you try it. Debates are good when common courtesy and mannors are appied.

Blueaussi

The thing is, plants make their own Vitamin B, so what you're pouring in the ground doesn't do anything for the plants. It's a waste. Using Vitamin B is one of those gardening myths that just won't go away. If I remember correctly, the early papers on using Vitamin B were done on plant tissue cultures in the lab. Once outside of the lab, adding additional Vitamin B has been tested and shown to have no beneficial effect on root or crown growth.

From http://knowledgeofbonsai.org/articles/misc/debunking-the-myths-of-bonsai/

"Lauren Bonar Swezey in her article, “Does vitamin B1 help transplants take root?” stated that “…University of California research on vegetables failed to prove that B1 reduces transplant shock or stimulates root development. Researchers found “no discernible differences in color or vigor among treatments” when B1 and B1 plus iron, manganese, and zinc were used on peppers, pole beans, squash, sweet corn, tomatoes, and watermelons. Elsewhere, studies on chrysanthemums, citrus, and roses have reached similar conclusions.”"

I'll hit on Auxin later.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member

seems part of the thread is gone as I know i answered this post...
WOW I didn't remember I send you some...when you need more let me know and remind me what it is and I shall be happy to send along more to you

Kchar

Thanks, Bob, for handling. I enjoy the peace that gardening, and speaking with other gardeners, brings. "greenthumbs'" tirade raised my blood pressure! Differing opinions and methods is great, but rants and name calling shouldn't have a place here.

~Kimberly

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com