Walking Sticks

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was looking over and doing some pruning of the Hazelnut bush when I found these two amorous Walking Sticks:
The female is a good 8 inches all stretched out on the branch. The male is more then half the size of the female!

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 366
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
What a great find! That's wondeful you know you will have more :D ;)

I'm finding them on the two hazelnuts on the property, they must be partial to their foliage for eating! I just stopped and noticed them because they sway back and forth when disturbed!
Last Fall we had one on the house, he would travel around the outside of the house for some reason. He would take a week, or so to return where I first noticed him! It was a 'him' since he was a lighter color and on the small size! Now that I know what they eat I can move them there.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Went to see if I could find them again but couldn't!
If they do not move, I'd never see them! They look just like the bark on the hazelnuts!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com