Wanted a recipe for baked sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had these a couple of weeks ago at the Texas Road House and I've searched the net and can't find a recipe for them.
I'm thinking just bake the potato and once it's done, split it open and put some brown sugar and mini marshmallows on it and put back in the oven until they melt.
Hoping some one has a recipe, they were so yummy and i'm sure they are just as good with out the brown sugar, maybe i'll try one each way

sunflower3

I boil mine and peal, slice and add brown sugar, pats of butter and bake about 20 min then add marshmellows and bake few more min then serve and eat.. Yummy!!!!!

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
That sounds like a pretty good recipe right there. My Mom used to make those with the melted marshmallows on top. My wife makes sweet ptatoes for holiday meals, but she doesn't use any marshmallows. Her dish has chopped nuts on top.

Dor

My daughter makes her sweet potatoes at Holidays with the pecans, brown sugar, and marshmallows on top. I make my sweet potatoes like my mother does with the sugar, brown sugar, butter, and let them carmelize. When I bake them I use a little butter and mash them but I think I am going to try the marshmallows and brown sugar. I bought some min marshmallows last week at Big Lots for 39 cents a bag. Tyler my eight year old grandson ate almost half of a bag.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I posted my version of the marshmallow sweet potatoes in the recipe section.

swindy

Mainie I always made them with Canned sweet potatoes. Just empty the can in a baking dish add some brown sugar and cover the top with the mini marshmellows and heat them in the oven. UM UM good.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried it the other night. I poked holes in fresh taters with a fork.
Put them in a shallow baking dish in the oven for about 45 mins @ 400 then checked to see if they were done, once they were done, i took a knife and cut the tops and split it open and put some mini marshmallows in the split and put back in the oven for a few minutes until they melted. i didn't put any butter, brown sugar on them and they were yummy.

swindy

Laurie I alway make baked Sweetpatotes. As you did I poke a bunch of holes in them and then Micro wave them for about 8 or 9 minutes, I eat them with a bunch of butter, and love them.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
These were nice and crispy and they were yummy, no butter just some marshmallows
i eat alot of boiled ones
i really don't care for potatoes cooked in the microwave, sweet or white ones

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com