Wanted for trade or postage

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

I am looking for
Pachystachys lutea aka golden candle plant or yellow shrimp plant.
Columnea gloriosa aka goldfish plant
I have lipstick plant cuttings, or shrimp plant cuttings to trade or we could talk.
Thanks

Last edited:

Bluewolf

I have never heard of those!

I did just get a catolog from somewheres that had Shrimp plant in it
I will go look for it and see if they had the yellow
but they are pricey!!

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
the yellow shrimp plants are hybread (sp?)...that is why they are so pricey...
on the shrimp plant you already have is it the light salmon to pinkish color...?

Dor

I have the Fruit Cocktail Shrimp plant I got at The Bulb Mart and I have the Blue Shrimp plant seeds but not the yellow, Dawn. Sorry.

Kya D

Latebloomer I hate to have you take cuttings if the plant is limping along but when it takes off I would love one. Please keep me in mind then.

Kya D

OH DOR I googled both plants (blue and fruit cocktail) They are just plain beautiful
When you want to part with either of those, Please PICK ME

Kya D

Flowers4yeshua the one you sent me is growing great guns. I have already clipped it back and rooted the cuttings. It is so bushy and pretty. I can't wait to see it bloom.
I used to have a yellow one and that silly thing was in bloom for about 10 months a year

Dor

I sure will Dawn. Let's count on it being in the spring for the Fruit cocktail. I will try to root cuttings for you. It is in bloom right now and is beautiful.

Dor

Ok I will write it down but remind me if I forget. I will get the Blue shrimp seeds to you.

Dor

You are welcome and so are you. You are welcome to any of the plants or seeds that I have. I have been looking the shrimp plants up on the web. There are quite a few of them. It makes me want to get some more. I think I will. I saw the yellow at the Plant show but they were picked over when I got to them so I didn't take the last one. I will see if I can get a red and a yellow at the end of the year sale at Houston Garden Center. They have 70% off.

Treva

Kya
I have the gold fish plant it is really healthy but mine has not bloomed???
Any suggestions?
I can send you some of it and I have a red shrimp plant I could send cuttings from...Just say the word!:D

Treva

Kya
They are yours! My shrimp plant is just coming up..I should also have a tropical fruit...when they get up and full I will take cuttings for you!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com