Weekend Harvest!!!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had pest damage to my potatoes and decided to just pull them out as the tops were all wilted. But look what was waiting under the soil......... I have about 30 more plants still growing :D And I also harvested my garlic so I am thinking garlic parsley potatoes for dinner tongiht!

Attachments

• Potatoes.jpg
    Potatoes.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 289
  • Fresh Garlic.jpg
    Fresh Garlic.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 282

Kya D

You know this is kinda disheartening cuz I won't even be able to plant my veggies til the 10th of June.
But they sure do look tasty

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
crabber they do look tasty there. I just don't have room for many veggies and I have to make do with the farmers market when I remember to go.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds good to me Nancie!
Been meaning to sow some veggie seeds but just didn't get to it today!
Too many seeds, and too little time!

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
You know this is kinda disheartening cuz I won't even be able to plant my veggies til the 10th of June.
But they sure do look tasty

:( I'm sorry, ( she says while frowning) I forget some are so far behind me in planting times. They just harvested the spud crops here and had the Tater & cabbage Fest a couple weekends ago.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Late, Maine, Lyn, Ron & Randy,
Oh Kya too,

i had a bag with a few taters that had gotten pushed to the back of the pantry, when I found them they all had really long eyes so I planted them. As you see it worked out good. Last year I lost them all to excessive rain as did all the commercial farmers too. Those little red gems are my favs. I only have a few more of those but I have a lot of some other kind I think might be Yukon Golds not sure. Didn't get to cook them last night as Tim had dinner done when I got home. But tonight..........

Kya D

CG ya know i'm just feeling sorry for myself. ENJOY those lil beauties. I did love it when my lil Grandma used to make new potatoes and peas. Mmmmmmm
My garlic will be ready this fall.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I complain too, but almost every year after complaining, I still get more beans that I need and the tomatoes finally get ripe. Once in a great while, the regular tomatoes don't make it, but the cherry tomatoes will always come through for us.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tim caught me in the garden with his cell phone and sent it to me at work. He titled it a rose in the veggie garden. LOL More like a thorn

Attachments

• media1.jpg
    media1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 290

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
MF and I went to visit our former pastor's wife yesterday and spent several hours yesterday and I related your story of how Tim posted the photo and your comment. As I told Ernestine, we are often our own worst critic and it just seems to be human nature. That all came from a comment that Ernestine had made about herself and the situation was just right for that thing that Tim had said. Ernestine is in a nursing home now but is still able to be taken out of the facility for lunch. She commented though about having nothing to offer at this stage in her life. I told her that she would have things to offer until she reached the day she took her last breath. That woman has affected so many lives through the years including mine and the life of my wife. I know guys don't hug guys much, but for what Tim said about a rose in the garden, I would give him a hug even if it made him nervous. LOL

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh Randy, that is so sweet! Tim would appreciate your sentiment.
As far as Ernestine, I feel that those of her age have so much more to offer than most younger people. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience she can offer. I look in to the eyes of the elderly and I see history, faith and intelligence. I look into the eyes of youth and I see arrogance, ignorance, and naivety.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
A friend of mine was telling me today of a trip they took back east. He and his wife are from Philadelphia but are out here to attend the graduation from college of a son. The trip they took was to sites that mean much in our nation's history, but when the two kids were asked at the end of the day which event was the most significant to them, it was an accident that occurred while they were out and about. A window washer had fallen. Dr. Joe didn't tell me about the condition of the window washer, but he thought it unusual that the accident made more of an impression than the historical sites. But I told him that it takes maturity for those things in our past to really mean anything to us.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randy,
That is the things that gets kids attention today, the gory and obscene. And yes in maturity they will find an appreciation for history and the scarf ices others have made so they can enjoy a life of wealth and fortune.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com