Weeping blue spruce

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

mh52

I have a Weeping Blue Spruce that is 6 feet tall and it is covered with a snow bank with only one foot sticking out. How long should I keep that tree covered with snow, or should I start digging it out?

Blueaussi

Welcome mh52! I can't answer your question because the mere thought of snow 5 feet deep leaves me gobsmacked, I just wanted to welcome you. Others will drop by to help you out, though.

Kya D

In the forest evergreen trees can stay covered from the first snowfall until June

Welcome mh52 we are really glad you have found our little group/family.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome aboard MH!
I wouldn't worry about your tree being burried in snow!
Digging it out will more then likely damage it!

mh52

Thank you everyone for the advice. I will just stay by the fire then and I know under the snow the tree will be warm also, just probably smashed. Ha

Melissa

Welcome MH52...if you do venture out...I would love to see pictures of your tree with and without the snow...We have many blue spruce but no weeping...gonna have to google it...yes I am the resident google junky

mh52

I have tried to attach the picture of my weeping blue spruce before and after the snow storm. We shall see what happens. We received another snow and high winds today, so the drift just gets deeper.

Attachments

• DSC00003_2.JPG
    DSC00003_2.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 666
  • DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 532

Kya D

After seeing the before pic I really think it will be fine to winter over buried in the snow
BTW that is a darling little tree

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our trees fare pretty well with the snow, but when we have freezing rain, it's a different proposition.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
mh52,
Welcome! Cold looking picture! Where are you located? Just wondering. Now that you have found us and you are snug by the fire, continue to check out the site. Lots of great people and info here.
Stay warm!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com