Weeping Cherry in trouble

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lexy30000

Hello all!! I hope someone can help me. I moved my 5 year old weeping cherry from the backyard to the front. The roots were long (not deep). I went as far as I could go before I had to cut them but I made sure they were as wide as the width of the top of the tree. I planted it and it immediately and after 3days or so it began to brown. I have since been watering it like crazy and added a layer of mulch to it as well. Is there anything else I can do to save it? There are only a few green, but curled leaves at the top left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry! Not much you can do because of the shock of being moved! Just wait and see is all you can do now!
Best time to transpant was late winter/early spring when the tree was dorment!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com