welcome becca

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hi Becca, how nice to meet you. Yep, we've heard about you from your grandma for a long time. How lucky you are to have such a wonderful grandma. My daughter had to grow up without any grandparents and she's missed so much.

Please try to take pictures of your garden in it's various stages. It will be great for your records and for the kids to see how the garden changes through the weeks -- plus we get to live vicariously through your photos!

Do you need any flower seeds, or will this be mostly an edible garden? I know you call it a pizza garden, but I can only guess that it's because the things you'll grow would go ON a pizza?? (yep, I'm blond. Bear with me....! ) :p

it is a pizza garden cause it is shaped like a pizza. not because of what she is growing. I've been told it is two big round planters at a school. Mommy is in charge of the pictures.

See now I thought it was a garden they were growing and were going to make a pizza with the herbs and veggies. LOL! And I'm not blond!
I have marigold seeds if you need any.

Send them I'm sure if they don't plant them at the school she will at home. She is also planting a garden at home this year. mommy is getting into this again so I know it will be done well. Mommy has a green thumb.

Mommy said a couple of minutes ago that becca had a package of seeds that came in the mail today. I'm sure becca will be busy soon. She is so excited about this garden.

That sounds like so much fun. I have been going over to the church on Monday nights and working with some other men in their "Royal Ranger" program. That is similar to boy scouts, but with more of a spiritual emphasis than the scouts have. My first night there, the men were doing all the work on a construction project and when I was handed a tool to take out some screws, I took one out then handed the drill to a boy that was watching. I told him to do it. Before the evening was over he said, "This is fun." Since then he has stayed close and worked with me on a different project. He has learned to use a jigsaw, a router, and a brad gun besides various hand tools. But I think I have had more fun than he has by watching him learn.

you know randy that becca loves to make things. she was making a name on the band saw when she got her finger cut back in march. On spring break we both had stitches. becca from the band saw me from my surgery. she went back and finished the project. she wants grandpa to help her build a computer desk.

Tell everyone.The saw attacked me!!I was totally like:eek:Then..:mad:and:confused:
Thank you D for the seeds.Scarez I do not currently need any seeds.I will soon have some pics posted.
Today I plant wildflowers and sunflowers

Last edited:
I planted some wildflowers and sunflowers,thank you for the seeds D.sCAREZ:I do not need anyseeds at the moment.A pizza garden i a garden shaped like a pizza.

Last edited:
Here are pictures of becca and friends working on the pizza garden. That is becca planting something at home.

Attachments

• IMG_4208.jpg
    IMG_4208.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_4207.jpg
    IMG_4207.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_4210.jpg
    IMG_4210.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 265
Hey we both had stitches at the same time. Did you want me to say your bother bite you? That you sister cut your finger to see it bleed? No your siblings are mean to you but not that mean. I'm surprised at how small it is. I'll get you a fennel plant and bring it when I come up to see you graduate.

Looks like a smart kid to me. At least it is the size that she will be able to maintain without it overwhelming her. My first garden back in the 60's was a big mistake. There was no way I could keep up with that garden and still work a 40 hour week on a regular job.

Becca, I know that you are a young lady, but that little saying about diamonds and flowers tells me you are wise beyond your years.

Hey Becca how are things going? I know you planted the wildflowers and sunflowers. Have you planted the onions, radishes and carrots yet?

Hey becca how many fennel do you want? I found some growing in my garden and I will bring you what you want. I love the smell of licorice.

I just saw Robin Miller or Paula Dean making a fennel slaw today on the cooking show. I have never tried that, but I don't think I have seen it in the market either. I love licorice even though I haven't eaten any for many years. The gal on TV said it has a licorice or anise taste.

I put in a couple of rosemary plants about a week ago or more into a half-barrel planter on the back porch. They haven't grown much, if any, but at least I haven't killed them yet. LOL

Hi Becca - sounds like a great project and you will learn a lot about growing veggies and caring for them. Planting that seed is just the beginning....lots of weeding, proper watering, etc to get them to maturity. For a fast growing eatable flower - why not try nasturium seeds? Keep us posted as to how your project is going, OK? BTW - I live in Nova Scotia....that is on the east coast of Canada

as soon as I get my photos uploaded I'll post some of the garden progress. We will be taking more pictures as the summer goes on. Becca has 2 more slices to plant and we are only waiting on the potting soil. Then Becca will be at my house for a week or two then back to take care of the garden. While she is gone her mommy is going to be watering it and checking on it for her. I'm not sure where the camera is right now.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back