welcome becca

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

here are some pictures of the garden that I took on friday after Becca did some planting. We still have 2 more slices to plant. This is Amy, Becca's best friend and Becca.

Attachments

• P5150041.JPG
    P5150041.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 285
  • P5150040.JPG
    P5150040.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 271
  • P5150033.JPG
    P5150033.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 278
  • P5150042.JPG
    P5150042.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
There are two colors there, Lyn. Apparently she did a second one. Looks pretty neat.

yes there are two of them. We are going to finish them up tonight. We are planting a few more things and then we will be done with that part of it. It will be looked after while she is at our house. I think we need some garlic to plant. I'm just waiting on her to get home from school.

WOW!!!I have not posted in while.Sorry.Almost everything is going well.I have had to thin the sunflowers and beans.The only thing that has not grown is carrots.The rosemary died.Everything else is doing great.Soon I get to go into the classrooms and do activites.

Becca,
Carrots take a very long time to pop up and then when they do you can eailsy mistake them for weeds.
Glad you are enjoying your project.

Good morning, Miss Becca. I didn't plant any carrots this year. Several years back my carrots got to be so big that it only took three to make a dozen. LOL They were huge though and I have never seen carrots grow that big. They were about 3" across the crown. The remarkable thing about them too is that they did not get tough and stringy. I am sure the horses had a lot to do with the garden that years though as they provided the fertilizer. We only have one horse now and he does his share. LOL

If I can do this here are some new pictures of Becca and her project.

Attachments

• beccaisking.jpg
    beccaisking.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 269
  • reading.jpg
    reading.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 259
Those are pretty cool pictures. Those frames work out pretty well. That is not so much garden that could get discouraging when the weeds come.

I'm going up to see Rebeccca on tues. I want to go by and see the garden. She is reading to the kids. she made a felt board to do the story the hungry catapiller She has her friends Amy and Alex helping her. They will be reading and playing with the kids for 45 minutes a day mon thru thurs. for 3 weeks I think. This is turning out to be a good project for the girls. They were a little shy reading the first day.

Lyn, I think that is remarkable. She isn't my grandaughter, but I am proud of her anyway.

Lyn,
That is so cool. I can't remember , does she want to be a teacher? If not maybe she should give it some thought. Sounds like she is building a good base for an education job.

crabber no she doesn't want to be a teacher. She wants to be a doctor. She kept my old biology book from last semester. She will make a fine doctor one day.
She started head start at age 3 and has been going to school at least a half day since then. She likes to learn and she is a straight A student. I figure with med school she will be in school straight for more years than anyone. But then she likes school.

here are some new pictures of Becca's garden. they pulled all of the onions this week and they have picked some beans to show the kids at head start. scarez are you the one that sent the wildflower or sunflower seeds? it is starting to bloom now.

Attachments

• friends.jpg
    friends.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 260
  • garden.jpg
    garden.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 254
  • sunflower.jpg
    sunflower.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 263
  • watermelon.jpg
    watermelon.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 276
for some reason I didn't get the picture of the tomatoes posted. There are several tomatoes on them. I'm so proud of them. They are going into the class rooms and doing songs and reading books to the kids. It is really a great project Becca set up. She will get her silver award on this one.

I haven't seen Scarez on for quite awhile now, Lyn. I know she was having computer trouble when we passed through there last May. I was thinking about her today though as the pumpkins are really looking healthy (the vines) out there in the garden. I planted the pumpkins for her. Deb will drop them off for her when she heads south to CA sometime in the fall.

here is a picture of becca's tomatoes.

Attachments

• tomatoes.jpg
    tomatoes.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 237

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back