welcome becca

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is my granddaughter who is doing a garden for the headstart program in her town for her silver award for girl scouts. she may need some help friends.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will be glad to help in any way I can. Please let me know how I can help.

MrBunny_and_Becca

I am going to make a pizza garden at an early childhood development for girlscouts. I am doing two pizzas,each pizza has eight slots in it.I need to put in fast growing vegetables,herbs,and flowers.It would be good if they attract butterflys,grow quick,and repel bees.any suggestions.Oh yeah,I am becca a.k.a lynpenny's granddaughter.

Kya D

Maybe lettuce, spinach, radishes, and maybe for fun some herbs so they can smell and taste.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Becca
Have heard some nice things about you from your grandma. She's a really nice person and glad to call her my friend.
What zone are you in? I know this does not fit in your pizza garden but you could make a tepee and grow some string beans on it for the kids to munch on. Also some cherry tomatoes

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for helping becca see I told you so. everyone here is so nice and helpful. She lives in Oklahoma. I'm thinking it is zone 7. It is close to Oklahoma City.
Becca has been helping me with my garden since she was 2 or 3. It is time she does one of her own. go becca

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Miss Becca, I was born in a small town south of OK City a little over 75 years ago. Since the interstate goes through Love County now, it's awfully easy to get by Thackerville without ever knowing it is there. Both sets of my grandparents had farms in Love County back in the early 1900's. My Dad would tell us of the huge watermelons they would grow down there and ship by train to the markets in the big cities.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you stay around after your project is over. I am really anxious to find out if you are successful growing pizzas. If I could do that here, my grandchildren would love me forever. LOL BTW, I am just teasing. I figured out what you meant.

richnkim

Welcome to this gardern forum, Becca. I see that you have a lot of help. The suggestions that you have gotten are great. I hope that you have a lot of fun with your garden.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Becca sounds like you are on your way to becoming a successful gardener!!! Tell me why you want to repel bees and not attract bees for pollinating all your flowers and vegetables? Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Becca,
Welcome! What a great project you have going there.Kya has given you great info. The rest of us are standing by to help, but then you can't go wrong with a grandma like Lyn. You just let us know if you need extra help or advice. Keep us posted , add pictures and let us know of your success.

FishinBC

Welcome Becca! Your pizza garden sounds like a great idea! Be sure and post some pictures of it for us to see.

Spider_Lily

Welcome Becca glad to have you here.There's lot's of good people with great ideas here.And their alway's helpful if you need something just ask.:)

woodstock

Welcome Becca and good luck with your pizza garden.......if you can figure out how to grow the mozzarella cheese I would be interested in that.....tee hee.....only kidding....dont forget the oregano......

Bernie

Welcome Becca;
If you have the space grow a tunnel of pole beans and other vines. Kids love to go thru or under things. You can use those cheap arbors that they sell for weddings. Good luck.

MrBunny_and_Becca

This is all very good information. I am not sure why I want to repel bees.Actually when I was talking with the lady in charge of the center she said plant things that attract butterflys and repel bees. Now I realize they are important for pollination purposes.This weekend I am going to buy the seeds for the garden.I am for sure doing carrots and radishes.I do not think there will be room in the pizza gardens for a tepee ,so I will probably try to grow a garden at home and put them there.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Becca can you grow enough beans for your family? I've been thinking I will see if I can get a strawberry jar done for you. Maybe I'll just bring the jar and plants there and plant it after I get there.
Here is a picture of the container I made for your mom.

Attachments

• P4160020.JPG
    P4160020.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 302

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com