Wha is this?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Cort

Can you tell me what this is? It doesnt seem to be doing well. It has some new growth at the top but the stems at the bottom turn a brownish color and feel soft wile the leaves go limp. I started cutting those stems off. However, I do not know the proper plant care for it. Would love your help!

Attachments

• 20160412_103855.jpg
    20160412_103855.jpg
    949.7 KB · Views: 325
  • 20160412_103901.jpg
    20160412_103901.jpg
    917.5 KB · Views: 328
Hi Cort!
African Violet!
These guys can be fussy about their culture and care!
Too much water and they rot, too little and they wilt.
Not enough light looks like an issue with yours too, as well as over-watering.
Here is a good article to help you out:
http://www.optimara.com/africanvioletcare1.html
Follow the directions and you should have a good looking plant in a few weeks.

Thanks, Ron. That was a big help! Im letting it dry out now a bit and its near a window. I have three of them actually...an elderly neighbor didnt want them anymore. I love plant giveaways. :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back