What a deal?? Free animals

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

Tuesday I went to town to pick up some free hens... they were silkies and white crested black polish plus 5 feeders, 5 waterers, feed, grit, oyster shell,
etc. Now all I have to do is feed them, water them, treat them, and so on. Free??
http://silkiechickens.com/

http://www.mypetchicken.com/about-chickens/chicken-pictures/White-Crested-Black-Polish-Hen-X34.aspx

Then we took a drive to take a look at the 2 new horses we were given.
We were told that the mare was 7 but I'm thinkin she is OLDER than that. The filly is a 2 year old black and white paint and she is really a sweetie, so is the mare she just ain't 7 that's all. They are both good stout horses and seem to be what we want.
I can't wait til Sept 15th when we go up and bring them home.
They will be spendy cause hay is kinda high and with shoeing, worming, grain, floating, shots, YUP quite a deal I'd say.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are so lucky!!! Free animals..how cool is that? I enjoy my chickens too Kya. They're good insect gitters and will clean out a flower bed a lot cleaner than I can! If I want a spot cleaned I'll take a hoe and hit a lick or two in that spot and when I come back it's all scratched and cleaned. I'm very fond of my chickens! LOL

Spider_Lily

Congrat's on your free chicken's .I love to watch them scratch and play.And the egg's so much better than store bought and no chemical's.My sister have some silkie's once they were a yellow color.Someone's dog killed all of them but two when she was gone to work.Horse's are alot of work and expense but I love them.Have to share a picture of your babies with us would love to see them.Someone here yesterday had a free Shihzu I wanted her so bad but someone beat me to her.Darn their expensive dog's here.And they were giving away a baby donkey don't need a donk thought.LOL:)

Kya D

I just gave away 5 pure bred mini daschunds last month. There were 2 black and tan and 3 dapples
The whole bunch were really darling.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have ads running all the time in the paper for free animals. I hate to pass them up but the inn is full. LOL! I love chickens thay are so cool. And yes they have personalities!

Spider_Lily

We have ads running all the time in the paper for free animals. I hate to pass them up but the inn is full. LOL! I love chickens thay are so cool. And yes they have personalities!
I would take all the free animal's if I had money to take care of them.But I don't I needed to be born rich.....LOL

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well they say you are more likely to be struck by lightning than to win the lottery. 1 outa 2 ain't bad all I have to do now is win the lottery! LOL!
I would have the biggest useless animal farm you have ever seen.

Kya D

"biggest useless animal farm"
I'm with you CG.
So far everything I have are useful, except the peacocks

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
My wife's brother and sister-in-law are like that. But they truly love their animals and the vet knows them quite well. In fact, some of the rescues have come from the vets.

Spider_Lily

I was offered a donkey yesterday...LOL I think not.The lady said he would kill :eek:anything small that got in the pasture with him.I could'nt handle that.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
A donkey tried to kill our cocker once but she managed to scoot under the fence just in time. That was about 50 years ago.

Kya D

oooo Owwww I don't do kitties much. Sorry but my cats are all outdoor cats cuz we need mousers around the yard
All of my cats come to me because someone doesn't want them and dumps them off.
Makes me sick

Spider_Lily

oooo Owwww I don't do kitties much. Sorry but my cats are all outdoor cats cuz we need mousers around the yard
All of my cats come to me because someone doesn't want them and dumps them off.
Makes me sick
Here to Kya all that are here are throw off kitties.Calico is gone now lady came got it.Take's a sorry person to throw out a baby anything that can't take care of it's self.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com