what are the actual pickles used for the store brand?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

fishycomics

Claussen Kosher Dill Mini Pickles​

I am looking for the pickles the "Cucumbers they use" Home depot, lowes and my local hardwre store just never stock the right seeds? anyone can tell me, or do I simply pick a pickle and grow and pickearly?

thugtomas

Dill pickles are the most commonly known pickle type. Dill pickles include vinegar, pickling salt, and dill in its brine, whether it be fresh, dried, or in seed

thugtomas

Dill pickles are the most commonly known pickle type. Dill pickles include vinegar, pickling salt, and dill in its brine, whether it be fresh, dried

oliviaf

Kirby, was a specific cultivar of cucumber. Now it is a catch all for any small cucumber suitable for pickling. This is my one of my go to recipes

Definitely build some kind of trellis for them.
Do not start seeds in advanced indoors. Seedling mortality is high and cucumbers grow quickly. Plant lots of seeds and thin them later.
Be prepared to plant more seeds squirrels will eat them.
Remove the first flowers you see
Remove the second flowers you see
Stop removing flowers when the vines are huge
Pick daily.

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com