What birds

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

we have magpies,piping shrikes,sparrows,indian miners (pest),crows,butcher birds, wattle birds,willie wagtails,cockatoos (galahs),sulphur crested cockatoos,sea gulls, doves ,grass parrots.

Wow what a great list of birds, I had to look some up as I'd never seen them lol. I have soooo many visit here but I'll just list the common ones.:)
Rainbow lorikeets
Galahs
Pale-head rosellas
Cockatoos
Magpies
Willie wagtails
Blue Wrens
Spangled drongos
Crows
Silver eyes
Barred Finches
Corellas
Scarlet honeyeaters
Noisy Miners
Cuckoo shrikes
Currawongs
That's all I can think of off the top of my head:)

I am envious of your tropical colorful birds;)

Hey Dale

Sorry, I was out of touch for a bit. Had surgery on a ligament/tendon in my foot on the 3rd :( & am still hobbling a bit. Took me awhile to be able to navigate up the stairs (where the computer is).
Got my stiches out last week and am doing much better now :) and hope to be done with the crutches by next week. Still haven't been able to get out in the yard, but DH went out & took pics of 1st flowers for '09 for me! He is SUCH a sweetie! :D

Attachments

• March 09 002.jpg
    March 09 002.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 300
Believe or not I actually saw a seagull yesterday here in Iowa lol! I heard the fellow first and was quite surprised :)

Dora/Garden Goddess

Best sightings are in K-Mart parking lots. LOL! I have seen them inland just hanging out and it's always at K mart. Go figure

Kale I also have these breeds of hens
Araucana
Cochin
Lakenvelder
Rhode Island Red
Barred Rock
Sex links
Buff Orphingtons
Wyandotte
Light Brahma
Dark Brahma
Australorp
Plus some mixed breeds

Banties
Mixed breed bantams
Silkies
Mille fluers
Light Brahma
Dark Brahma

Kya, I actually saw a picture of every hen last Saturday! ! I did it with my daughter she kept stating where's the fryer*lol Yummm.. She is silly. Does it to my goldfish too...
I am in love with almost all! They are gorgeous...
Now to remember which are my favorites. I know the fluffy whites, reds, black ring around neck. All are adorable. very impressive.
Are they range free?
You sure have work on your hands.
Do you have cats/kittens running free in your farm?
I often write and joke about it, seems like they go together in my mind...
Thank you for the list,it was a nice evening looking up all those hens.

Wombat...We looked up your birds too, some were simply radiant!
Would be a wonderful thrill to see them fly!

I believe we looked up others we didnt know on this thread...but cant recall, just know
it was a very nice interesting time sitting with my daughter talking about all the beautiful birds..:)

Now to catch up!*LOL

Thanks to all lists!
This is a great Thread!
Kale:)

We have seagulls a lot, especially when it's storming over on the coast which is about 50 miles away.

I caught this Tufted Titmouse raiding my coco fiber planters outside my window yesterday. Not the best picture, but I was afraid of frighting him off if I fussed with the camera or tried to get closer.

TuftMus5.jpg

That's another one we don't have around here. They are cute little varmints though.

That's another one we don't have around here. They are cute little varmints though.

They're actually cheeky little varmints. They're known for plucking the hair off of sleeping dogs, cats, and squirrels to line their nests. I remember years ago seeing one plucking hair from the tail of my parents big collie mix, and him just giving the bird a puzzled look.

That would be a sight to see. The two dogs we have here don't get outside very much except on a leash. I bet they would react to a bird pulling their hair though. LOL

Today I found a yellow headed blackbird in my chicken coop.
So I caught him and let him go outside.

I had to post these. Forgive the fact they were taken through a foggy glass door with a screen. But the color was amazing. This is a painted bunting. We don't see them much here in Florida , they do further south but here I have only seen this one. I also had a blue bunting last week but didn't get a pic. I just happen to be in my bedroom when he landed. I went and got my camera and had to wait an hour before he returned. Well worth the wait!

Attachments

• Bluebird2_edited.JPG
    Bluebird2_edited.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Bluebird3 edit.JPG
    Bluebird3 edit.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 274
THis is a yellow crown night heron. Not very often seen. They are night birds. We would hear them when we fished at night and I never got a really good look at them before. This is a very rare thing to see them and have them just hang out. We were in the boat searching the bank for artifacts when he almost fell out of the tree. He was asleep and we woke him. He just readjusted and went back to sleep.

Attachments

• NH1A.JPG
    NH1A.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 278
  • NH1B.JPG
    NH1B.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 284
  • NHfrontcrop.JPG
    NHfrontcrop.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back