What candies do you make?????

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

I only make a few kinds of candy at Christmas time but would like to make
some different ones.
Please post recipes of the candy you love to make
THANKS

Spider_Lily

I love to make candied peanuts.Their great gift's too.

2-Cup's raw peanut's
1-cup sugar
1/3-cup water

Put peanut's,sugar and water in skillet.
Cook on medium heat till water cook's out and sugar rises
and stick's to peanut's.
Pour on to baking sheet.Sprinkle salt to taste.
Bake at 300 degree's until peanut's are dry.

Love to put in small jar's or snack bag's as gift's.

Spider_Lily

Heavenly Hash

12 ounces chocolate almond bark or similar dipping chocolate
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
2 cups graham cereal
1 cup roasted peanuts

Combine almond bark and chocolate chips; melt over low heat. Stir in peanut butter. In a bowl, combine marshmallows, cereal, and peanuts; pour melted chocolate mixture over all and mix with a spoon until blended. Dip out on to wax paper and let mixture harden store in a tightly covered container.

Jade

I saw one on Dinner Impossible that I want to include in my Christmas Baskets...it was chocolate bark with dried apricots and cranberries, and I think it was walnuts. I will have to make that one the day before, or noone will get any, ha.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I make snowballs for the grands. It is white amond bark melted and then use oreos I'm using the mini this year and dip and roll in coconut. easy and fun. put on wax paper to dry and let the kids have them. lol I have never had any left overs.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I make snowballs for the grands. It is white amond bark melted and then use oreos I'm using the mini this year and dip and roll in coconut. easy and fun. put on wax paper to dry and let the kids have them. lol I have never had any left overs.

Leftovers? Surely you jest. LOL Lyn, I bake a double batch of oatmeal raisin cookies and I'll eat one. But when 24 hours have passed, if all the grandkids (3) are home, they will all be gone.

Spider_Lily

Reindeer dropping's :)
Crush pkg of oreo's add one pkg cream cheese mix well..make into ball's put in refrigerator to harden.Melt chocolate bark dip dropping's in melted chocolate place on cookie sheet to dry.Can add roasted pecans chopped.
Very rich....

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
It does? LOL If it weren't for knowing the ingredients, I would be slow to try them. Or at least I would watch some others partake of them first.

Kya D

I just use almond bark (chocolate) melt it in the microwave and take small pretzels (not stick one)
I only dip half of each and then I can keep one side of it to hold on to. set on waxed paper and let them set. I also dip shortbread cookies and coconut cookies anything I feel like dipping. (half only of each one) Doing only half saves on the chocolate and leaves a place for people to hold so the chocolate doesn't melt in their fingers. I usually bake chcoclate bowls to fill for with gifts

SandiB

Chocolate covered pretzels is a new favorite of our family..sounds easy enough that I may have to try :)

Thanks Kya

Kya D

Oh Sandi they are fun to make and even Shane would enjoy making them and eating them.
One pound of almond bark costs less than 5 dollars and will dip stuff until you are tired of dipping.
I have also made mice out of almond bark, cherries and kisses. They are really darling but kinda spendy

Prowl

Chocolate Truffles Recipe

For Chocolate Truffles: Place the chopped chocolate in a medium sized stainless steel bowl. Set aside. Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. If desired, add the liqueur. Cover and place in the refrigerator until the truffle mixture is firm (this will take several hours or overnight).

Place your coatings for the truffles on a plate. Remove the truffle mixture from the refrigerator. With your hands, or else a melon baller or small spoon form the chocolate into round or mis-shaped bite-sized balls. Immediately roll the truffle in the coating and place on a parchment lined baking sheet or tray. Cover and place in the refrigerator until firm. Truffles can be refrigerated for a couple of weeks or else frozen for a couple of months.

To Toast Nuts: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and bake nuts (pecans, walnuts or almonds) about 8 - 10 minutes or until brown and fragrant. For hazelnuts toast about 15 minutes or until the skins start to blister. Remove from oven and roll in a clean dish towel. Let the nuts 'steam' for about 5 minutes and then remove the skins. Once the nuts have cooled, chop coarsely.

Makes 30 small truffles.

For Chocolate Cups: It is easier to make the chocolate cups if you first cut each egg carton into the 12 individual egg cups (as in picture). Altogether you will need 24 individual cups. Melt the chocolate and shortening in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Dip the bottoms of the egg carton cups into the melted chocolate. Turn the cups upside down so the chocolate coating is facing up (like in the picture). Place the remainder of the melted chocolate into a parchment paper cone with a small opening. Pipe loops around each cup, piping down from the chocolate base and back up. Refrigerate the egg carton cups until the chocolate has completely set. Once the chocolate has set, gently remove the chocolate cups from the egg carton cups. Be careful as the chocolate cups can easily break. Place a truffle into each chocolate cup and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Makes about 2 dozen chocolate cups.

Truffles:

8 ounces (227 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces

3/4 cup (180 ml) heavy whipping cream

2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter

2 tablespoons alcohol (Cognac, brandy, Grand Marnier, kirsch, rum, bourbon, or Kahlua to name a few) (optional)

Coatings for Truffles:

Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder, sifted

Confectioners Sugar (Icing or Powdered), sifted

Toasted and Chopped Nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts)

Toasted Coconut

Shaved Chocolate

***From The Joy Of Baking***

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com